Diving Cape Cod Bay area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diesel298

Reaction score
hello all
This year ill be doin some diving in Cape Cod Bay area.
a friend has a boat in the Plymouth area, not being fimilar with diving that area, any locals have any suggestions.

Diesel298:
hello all
This year ill be doin some diving in Cape Cod Bay area.
a friend has a boat in the Plymouth area, not being fimilar with diving that area, any locals have any suggestions.

You might want to consider reposting your thread, or asking a moderator to move your thread, to the New England Lobsta Divers Forum. You might get some more help in that forum....

Michael

A good place to start is Donald Ferris's books.

I'm not that familiar with that area, but I know it's a little more in the stomping ground of msilvia. The Pinthis isn't that far from that area; it's off of Cohasset, and then there are some wrecks down around the canal area of the cape and out towards Barnstable. I've just not been able to convince my buddy to run much farther than the Longstreet off Orleans.

anyone dive the penthis?
i did some web surfin and i got the following info
206' tanker last in 1930 in a colision, in 100 feet of water laying intact and upsidedownand theres a fair amout of nets and lines tangled on her.
anyone else have any conditions to add ?
typical viz? how high off the bottom is the wreck (minn depth) its upsidedown? so what is there to look at?

Search for "pinthis" and you'll find a few reports. Vis my first couple times on the wreck was great; 40+. Last time, about a month or so ago, was a little less but still pretty good for this area [20-25]. It has about 20 feet of relief or so. It's a definate "must see".

Check out http://www.northernatlanticdive.com/shipwrecks/shipwreck_junction.htm for some video from this season that Dave & Heather did.

cool.
thanks for the info

did a search, got some nice info. ]
nice vid by the way
im deffinetly gonna be checkin that out soon.
ill be goin out there on my friends boat.. he has GPS, bottom finder.. all the toys.. but my question is.

what is the orienation of the wreck, as in bow to stern...
example.. bow points off E..SE? just so i have a idea how im gonna grab hold this thing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom