Yukon memories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wedivebc

CCR Instructor Trainer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I still have yet to dive the Yukon but I have fond memories of her as I was among the last to crew her and she was my last ship in the navy. Sailed her for 7 years
Before she was sold to SDOS I occupied a cabin on the port side 3rd doors fwd from the 2 deck air lock so it should be in the deeper part of the wreck. When I went on leave some buddies went into my cabin and painted pink volkswagens all over the walls. I was wondering if anyone recalls seeing them or if the inner cabin walls were removed.
Anyway say hi to the old girl for me and I'll be down soon enough to see her.

wedivebc:
I still have yet to dive the Yukon but I have fond memories of her as I was among the last to crew her and she was my last ship in the navy. Sailed her for 7 years
Before she was sold to SDOS I occupied a cabin on the port side 3rd doors fwd from the 2 deck air lock so it should be in the deeper part of the wreck. When I went on leave some buddies went into my cabin and painted pink volkswagens all over the walls. I was wondering if anyone recalls seeing them or if the inner cabin walls were removed.
Anyway say hi to the old girl for me and I'll be down soon enough to see her.

I would imagine that it would be WAY cool for you to dive her...hurry on down!

would love to be on the boat with you when you dive her... would be cool to hear storys and more background history
pss.. let us know when if you get a chance.. im shure that would be one packed boat

fishfood:
would love to be on the boat with you when you dive her... would be cool to hear storys and more background history
pss.. let us know when if you get a chance.. im shure that would be one packed boat
It would be nice to meet a boatload of divers I haven't bored to death with my sea stories :wink:

Hadn't actually made any plans. Got a couch?

wedivebc:
It would be nice to meet a boatload of divers I haven't bored to death with my sea stories :wink:

Oh no, not another steamer story :wink: The Yukon was my first ship so it would be a cool dive for sure. I only serve on her for 2 years not as long as you Dave. But I still have some great memories and a few sea stories as well. Most of them not clean enough for the SB. :eyebrow:

Hyper-limits:
Oh no, not another steamer story :wink: The Yukon was my first ship so it would be a cool dive for sure. I only serve on her for 2 years not as long as you Dave. But I still have some great memories and a few sea stories as well. Most of them not clean enough for the SB. :eyebrow:

See what I mean!

Back
Top Bottom