Cave Photo test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I have never dove in Mexico, and that looks like caves from that area, I have no clue. Although it is a very nice picture!

Sorry- not a test for you guys, a test to see if I was technologically challenged today. Thanks for the comment and yes that was in Mexico.

Here's another

Those are some nice pictures! I can't wait to dive Mexico. They look so uch nicer then our caves in Florida. Don't get me wrong, I love the Florida caves, but the cenotes in Mexico just look stunning. I am going to Cozumel in September, so the fix will be had in a couple of months.

Cozumel?

You're gonna need to carve out some full day's to do some really good stuff on the mainland. There are caves to dive on Cozumel (contact German Mendoza at Yucatec Expeditions in town) but they (coz caves) frankly suck compared to what is on the mainland. So catch the first ferry over each morning and the last one back each night to Playa del Carmen and hire a guide to take you to the caves (see if you can get in touch with Kate Lewis...she is steve gerrard's wife or the guys at Aquatech-villas de rosa. Going with a 'discounter' will screw up your diving and possibly leave you in a compromising position (READ You will be a better cave diver than your guide and have to hold their hand, have them call the dive on you way too early, wrap you and themselves up in the reel and on top of it expect some huge tip).

My suggestion is to alter your trip and split it by actually staying a few nights in Akumal-Tulum etc much easier on you in the long run (and probably cheaper on your pocket book).

Originally posted by Big James
Those are some nice pictures! I can't wait to dive Mexico. They look so uch nicer then our caves in Florida. Don't get me wrong, I love the Florida caves, but the cenotes in Mexico just look stunning. I am going to Cozumel in September, so the fix will be had in a couple of months.

I appreciate the advice. Actually, we had planned on doing some "mainland" dives. The folks that I dive with have some good friends down in that area, and dive their about twice a year. Akumal-Tulum was on the agenda. We are going to be staying in Coz, becuase it is a larger "club" trip, and that is where they will be diving. We will be venturing out on our own most of the time.

Maybe closer to the time we are going, I can get ith you and get some other suggestions on places to go. Thanks!

Hey James,

I'm headed down to Akumal in August so I'll give you the "low down" when I get back!

I can't wait! I love diving in FL also but from what I've seen I may be looking to move down to Mexico when we go down!! Looks awesome!!

Nice pics maddiver!!

DSAO!!

er, Lance. Hey, I'm not all brain dead yet, and it was nice to meet you too (and a real pleasure, albeit humbling) to dive with you. On the undergrounds at Quintana Roo, have you ever dove with Buddy Quattlebum at Hidden Worlds? In 2000, we went in at Herocios well and over to Dos Ojos, and the DM seems quite good. Reasonable rates back then too. Hope you can make it out some more to TL.

tony

Tony-

I stop by and see Buddy every time I go down there. He's a really funny guy. He also makes his own rebreather out of sprinkler parts and actually dives it!

Check out www.subaquaproductions.com for some pictures of the Dos Ojos and surrounding systems. We filmed part of 'Cave Diving The Yucatan Peninsula' from Buddy's Place.

A pleasure to dive with you and thanks again for the jetski sinking engineering expertise!

Lance

Originally posted by scubatexastony
On the undergrounds at Quintana Roo, have you ever dove with Buddy Quattlebum at Hidden Worlds? tony

I am enraptured by the visibility of the water in these photos! How can anything so pure & pristine still exist in a world so trashed & abused? I am not financially ready to follow thru on the cave dream right now, but this just sells me all the more on the need to persue this!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom