FT Adams: 23 May 05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIDIVER501

Contributor
Reaction score
I did 2 dives yesterday afternoon at FT Adams on the bay side. Put in for both dives at the stone pebble beach.
Vis was 10-12 ft water temp was 50 degrees. Lots of good sized black fish and winter flounder.
Current was ripping but eased off on the second dive. (flood tide) estimate 2+knots eased to less then a knot.

VIS has been unusually good at FT A and King's beach. Noticed that there is a lot of seaweed covering the bottom in these areas that isn't normally there and wondering if it is keeping the silt down and helping out the vis.

I'll be staying on Block Island the 1st week of Aug., with my gear. Being the only diver in the family, I desperately need to make good contacts in advance: air fills, dive charter and how to seek out a dive buddy out there. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and Safe Diving, Rick

Hi Rick.
I work at Newport Diving Center which is on the mainland.
The only Shop I know of on BI is Island Outfitters and Dive Shop.
they are located on Ocean Ave. unfortunately, I only know they exist, I have no idea of their operation, prices or services. But atleast you have something to use to look them up.

Good luck on your vaca.

John

Back
Top Bottom