Memorial Day Weekend

Which days are able to make it and to which locations? (Choose all that apply)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter

Renaissance Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Memorial Day Weekend is the official start of the summer season in my book!

I haven't seen anyone start a thread about diving on this 3-day weekend, so where do you all want to meet?

Depending on conditions, maybe we can do something in Orange County on one day and something in L.A. County on another day. Or maybe even Laguna Beach, Palos Verdes and Malibu, since it is a 3-day weekend. :eyebrow:

A dive a day keeps your wet suit from drying out! :crafty:

Let's dive!

Christian

Edit to include Poll info:

I know that you've all missed our many polls that we used to use to decided dates and locations for the Wrinkles dive, so this might feel nostalgic for some. :crafty:

I've put up a poll to help us choose which "general" area we should do on each day. Choose all of the locations and days that will work for you.

So, if you can only make it on Monday, but are open to all three areas choose all three areas. If you can make it all three days, but you only make it to Orange County, then choose the three days in Orange County. I think you get the picture. :wink:

Even though the poll says that it will close at 11am on Saturday morning we'll pick by 8pm Friday evening. Any later and I think we're really pushing it.

Hey, that's this weekend, man !!! I'm up for anywhere. Got Monday off, too.

Though I would like to try someplace new (like other than Crescent/Deadmans, Shaw's, Marineland, etc.).

mccabejc:
Hey, that's this weekend, man !!! I'm up for anywhere. Got Monday off, too.

Though I would like to try someplace new (like other than Crescent/Deadmans, Shaw's, Marineland, etc.).
If we can find out what conditions have been like, maybe this can be an "Adventure Weekend", where we go in search of new and interesting places for three days!

I mention conditions because it would be nice to know that people have been getting decent vis anywhere besides the usually protected places.

It could be this cool Scuba Caravan, where our surface intervals are spent finding the next suitable dive location or air fills.

All we need are CBs and to watch an old Smokie and the Bandit movie the night before to give it a retro feel! :wink:

As far as Orange County diving goes, take a look at the list of sites that I've got links for in the June Wrinkles thread.

Christian

Hmmm...would love to join all of you, but I'm going camping and diving in La Bocana, Baja, Mexico! Leaving Friday and returning Monday.

I will be camping and diving Catalina over July 4th weekend if anyone is interested. I reserved a tent cabin at the campground right above Avalon. Avalon has a SPECTACULAR fireworks show. I can't wait!!!

Sunday is INDY 500 DAY but outside of that I plan to get wet Saturday and Sunday. As far as spots go, there are a lot to choose from. How about Staircase in Malibu?

Coincidentally I called the Malibu Surf Conditions this afternoon on the way home, and they said surf is almost flat, however the viz is less than 5ft. due to plankton blooms. I would love to do Malibu, but it looks like it's still trying to recover from the rains.

How about....Crystal cove on Sunday? Im a little partial now!
Saturday is out because the wife is getting her masters.

I know that you've all missed our many polls that we used to use to decided dates and locations for the Wrinkles dive, so this might feel nostalgic for some. :crafty:

I've put up a poll to help us choose which "general" area we should do on each day. Choose all of the locations and days that will work for you.

So, if you can only make it on Monday, but are open to all three areas choose all three areas. If you can make it all three days, but you only make it to Orange County, then choose the three days in Orange County. I think you get the picture. :wink:

Even though the poll says that it will close at 11am on Saturday morning we'll pick by 8pm Friday evening. Any later and I think we're really pushing it.

Christian

id like to vote on 1 or 2 but how far is malibu from hemet? tell ya what ill leave it up to christian you find a place pm me the address and ill let you know on friday 99% sure now that im going sunday. got the same problem as sno for saturday my wife is grad. from collage also. also since ill be breaking my own rule for how far north ill dive :jaws:the more the merrier:D

Back
Top Bottom