Where to find info on DIR in the Dallas Tx area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukiedukie

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a new diver and looking at getting into DIR and I am wondering where I can find info about DIR local. Any help would be great.

Wow, that's an old thread.

Texass took a DIR class, but I don't remember who sponsored it.

Good luck Lukie, There are a number of Tec divers around here. You could learn something from many of them. Try asking the same question on Deco stop.

TwoBit

Ouch, converting to the dark side so soon. :eek:

Contact Emerald Sea Divers in Plano.
http://www.emeraldseadivers.com/

I wouldn't count on getting accepted into any tech training at this point though. Though are going to require that you have a lot more experience.

Lukiedukie:
I am a new diver and looking at getting into DIR and I am wondering where I can find info about DIR local. Any help would be great.
Hi,
Go to the GUE website and look on the Class calendar. If you look at the monthly view and check for a class in Dallas. But click on the class and there will be contact info there. I beleive there was a Triox class going in Septmeber or October of last year. Check the class, and you should find contact info for Don Champlin. He's a great guy and active in the DIR community there in Dallas area. he should be able to get you going.
Good luck!
If you run into problems, don't hesitate to contact me!

dive safe!---brando

BCS:
Hi,
Go to the GUE website and look on the Class calendar. If you look at the monthly view and check for a class in Dallas. But click on the class and there will be contact info there. I beleive there was a Triox class going in Septmeber or October of last year. Check the class, and you should find contact info for Don Champlin. He's a great guy and active in the DIR community there in Dallas area. he should be able to get you going.
Good luck!

dive safe!---brando

Hey Brando it's too hot to teach there right now ;-) We've done several classes there and as you note Don Champlin is the guy to contact as well as Chris Elis. They're doing a good job at organizing the area, and they are running the mid-week tweak I think on Wednesday nights. You gonna join me for the next class??

BTW, call me over the weekend we need to figure out a weekend for Alaska..

Later

Detonate:
Ouch, converting to the dark side so soon. :eek:

Contact Emerald Sea Divers in Plano.
http://www.emeraldseadivers.com/

I wouldn't count on getting accepted into any tech training at this point though. Though are going to require that you have a lot more experience.

I would not say I am converting just interseted. I am looking at all information to make myself a better diver.

I dove with Texass and Humanphibain a couple of weeks ago and they sparked my interest in it. I got the book Doing It Right: The Fundamentals of Better Diving
By Jarrod Jablonski on the way that should answer most of my question I have about DIR. At least I hope so

TwoBitTxn:
Wow, that's an old thread.

Texass took a DIR class, but I don't remember who sponsored it.

Good luck Lukie, There are a number of Tec divers around here. You could learn something from many of them. Try asking the same question on Deco stop.

TwoBit

BCS:
Hi,
Good luck!

dive safe!---brando

Thank you sir I have along way to go before I am any near ready to be schooled in a a DIR-F class. If the book I ordered does not answer my questions I will be sure to hit you up for more detail. Thank you for your help.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom