Diving vacation in Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beej1123

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering a trip to Utila and would like any info as to where to stay, best places to dive, etc. Best time of the year to go.

Thanks
Bernadette

Beej1123:
I am considering a trip to Utila and would like any info as to where to stay, best places to dive, etc. Best time of the year to go.

Thanks
Bernadette

Check out www.mango-inn.com and www.utiladivecenter.com, located on the island itself and secluded yet practical.

The diving is good all year around though the wetter months are from Nov to Feb and some days theboats can't make it to the Northside which is where the more dramatic walls and drop offs are are found and also the Whale sharks.

I've been living on Utila since 98 and in my opinion you can't really go worng whenever you come or with who you dive, as long as the operator you choose is reputable.

PM me if you want specifics.

We just got back from Laguna Beach Resort and loved it. I have a report under General South America

Beej1123:

Thanks
Bernadette

Bernadette,

February & March are the preferred months if you want to see whale sharks. November, December and January is rainy season....however, the diving is good all year at Utila. Places to stay are plenty and range in price from the very inexpensive to the most expensive, which by world standards, are very reasonable. The local food is good and not expensive. Agood variety. The rest is pretty simple, as Andy stated, do you want to dive with an all inclusive or otherwise? Dive with a reputable operator.

Regards,

mjh:
We had a great time at the Utila Lodge, here is a link for a trip report I did. We are trying not to repeat destinations as there are so many places to go, but we are considering a trip back there durring Whale Shark season.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=66281

WOW, your trip report was amazing! Very helpful also. Your piks were AWESOME!!
I want to thank you for the information. Although the trip we are planning is still a ways off (April 06) (I have to take vacation when my son has off of school), I am the kind of person who does extensive research into a vacation.

I hope you won't mind if I have any other questions that I could call upon you.

Thanks again
Bernadette

beej1123,

Feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. We walked around the Island quite a bit and really felt Utila Lodge had a great set-up.

glad to hear you had a great trip to utila.

if you are interested in something a little different for your next trip, please consider staying in our house, The Pelican's Nest, which is managed by Jim and Kisty Engel (of Utila Lodge) and all diving is arranged with the lodge, who pick you up and drop you off at our dock.

info can be found at www.coralbeaches.com and www.aboututila.com on the house and feel free to email at george@panalaw.com with any specific questions.

thanks. gja

if you are looking for something different, please consider renting our house, The Pelican's Nest, on the south side of utila. dive are arranged with Utila Lodge, who's boats will pick you up/drop you off at the pier in front of the house (door to door/dock to dock service).

info can be found at www.coralbeaches.com and www.aboututila.com

email with any specific questions at george@panalaw.com

thanks. gja

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom