Diving Sunday May 29th at Crystal Cove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SNOBORDJON

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be diving at Crystal cove on Sunday at 8:30 am. (if you get there before 9am you dont pay 10$ to park).
The site is just north of Laguna, off reef point. Follow the street around to the left and park near the restrooms.
So far its Seth and I. Aaron and I went last sunday and enjoyed some 20ft viz and a great dive. Warning: there is a bit of a kick required (deadmansesque).

Who wants to go?

John

SNOBORDJON:
I will be diving at Crystal cove on Sunday at 8:30 am. (if you get there before 9am you dont pay 10$ to park).
The site is just north of Laguna, off reef point. Follow the street around to the left and park near the restrooms.
So far its Seth and I. Aaron and I went last sunday and enjoyed some 20ft viz and a great dive. Warning: there is a bit of a kick required (deadmansesque).

Who wants to go?

John
That sounds like a good idea for a first dive! If we look at it and conditions have turned it into pea soup we can always drive to another location. I've heard that this is a dive that's best at high tide and 8:30 is close to the 9:23 low tide.

I'm guessing that Sunday will probably be a good day for Orange County according to the poll results.

Here are the Tide Preditions for that area for Sunday:

Newport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar, California (2)
33.6000° N, 117.9000° W

2005-05-29 Sun 01:44 AM PDT 4.88 feet High Tide
2005-05-29 Sun 05:43 AM PDT Sunrise
2005-05-29 Sun 09:23 AM PDT -0.46 feet Low Tide
2005-05-29 Sun 04:36 PM PDT 4.03 feet High Tide
2005-05-29 Sun 07:55 PM PDT Sunset
2005-05-29 Sun 09:43 PM PDT 2.54 feet Low Tide

Christian

Tide was going low last sunday and the waves were big too. I think low tide is still fine
This sunday should be better ( I hope) since smaller waves

SNOBORDJON:
Tide was going low last sunday and the waves were big too. I think low tide is still fine
This sunday should be better ( I hope) since smaller waves
Cool! That sounds awesome then.

Christian

hey christian, I think it might be better to split the thread back out for specifically sunday, since people might miss it if they see it bunched up with the other days.
I just realized it's a little harder to find unless you read every single part after the survey
John

Aaron, Phil...you guys down to go, lexy...kara...scott?

JB

SNOBORDJON:
Aaron, Phil...you guys down to go, lexy...kara...scott?

JB

I am thinking I will be there, and probably bring Bill with me. Not for certain yet though. I woke up with a sore throat :( and need to make sure that the flu isn't coming back to pay me a second visit.

Back
Top Bottom