How many of you use a dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic001918

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey,
I was just curious as to how many other people are using a dry suit for diving in New England. I am considering buying one, but noone I dive with currently has one. This means that it won't extend or shorten my dive season at all if I decide to buy one. I'm hoping to meet some other divers that have them that I will be able to dive with and extend my diving season. Not to mention that it would be great to meet more people to dive with since I'm hoping to log quite a few dives this year.
Thanks,
Shane

ehfireems:
Hey,
I was just curious as to how many other people are using a dry suit for diving in New England. I am considering buying one, but noone I dive with currently has one. This means that it won't extend or shorten my dive season at all if I decide to buy one. I'm hoping to meet some other divers that have them that I will be able to dive with and extend my diving season. Not to mention that it would be great to meet more people to dive with since I'm hoping to log quite a few dives this year.
Thanks,
Shane

Most NE Divers I know dive dry. A drysuit class would introduce you to other drysuit divers as would joining a club.

You will never return to wet once you go dry in these parts.

--Matt

I agree. There are very few times in the late summer that I dive wet anymore up here in NE.

I own a DUI TLS 350 and a CF200. Both serve particular needs. When I went dry I expanded my dive season to pretty much year 'round and the safety factor went way up.

I have one, but I got it mostly for the safety factor. I still love my wetsuit, but I don't dive in it nearly as much since spending $1000 on the drysuit. It's great, but I never really had a big problem with the cold water. I grew up swimming around here with no exposure protection at all, so a wetsuit in May felt toasty.

I got one last year (Bare ATR HD) and I'm still debating on whether or not to go back to my wetsuit when the weather gets a little more agreeable. I have a feeling though that I am going to stay dry.

I cannot wait to dive dry, but for now my Mares Semi-dry has served me well. Everything stays dry except my feet, hands and head. If I'm cold I wear an extra layer underneath. Been down to about 38deg with it, but must admit hands and feet do get awfully cold.

Just ordered my first drysuit this week! It should arrive just in time for my tropical trip!!! (Well, when I get back, it'll be here.) I plan on staying in a wetsuit when it is warm enough but the drysuit will get me a longer season.

I'm in Ohio, dive in a DS, and that's plenty cold enuff for me. I have no idea how any New Englanders do it without being dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom