Thursday May 26th 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Natasha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi Divers!

Well, I'm starting the thread for this week, but not because I have any good news. :(

It's still a constant battle for me. +3 but..not giving up. :)

Turtle Gal..
It looks like only you and I did a WI yesterday. Where is everyone else?

I can tell the +3 shows in my face. Eww I hate looking in the mirror today.

Natasha, TurtleGal, please don't beat yourself up. Just the fact that you posted here, shows your determination to reach your goals someday. I think one of the hardest things to accept when one is dieting is that it will not happen overnight, or quick. Generally, it is much better to adjust your metabolism slowly.

You can only lose about 1-2 lb of real body fat a week. If you lose more, the other weight will be water, valuable nutrients and minerals. If you have 50 lbs to lose, it's hard to think that it's going to take almost a year. But, by increasing your exercise level a bit, and eating smaller meals of normal, high fiber & low fat food, you will slowly lose. My weight loss has been very slow, about one lb a week, but I hit a 40 lb goal this week. It's been more of a nutrition change than a diet, for me, and has been exceedingly less painful. I still have potato chips & pizza occasionally, but in small portions! I love fruit, so that makes things easier- I feel like I'm getting a major treat when I have my daily portions, always making sure to have at least one vitamin-C rich fruit.

I had read this same advice in women's fitness magazines for years, but I couldn't bear the thought of losing so slow, so I always tried more fadlike approaches. I know that you will both reach your goals someday. Try to focus on the feeling you have when you step on the scales and have a victory. Think about that feeling, and choose it over poor food choices. Once that becomes a habit, it becomes much easier, because you won't feel deprived, you will be excited to be meeting your goals. Eat normal foods, cooked in a low fat manner.

We all know how fast a year goes, anyway! Good luck, ladies, I am here for you. I am still working toward my goals, so I feel your pain!

Foo

Foo!!! 40 lbs..WOW!!!!!

I'm hoping you rub off on all of us. You give me hope!

A woman I work with just accidentally lost 25lbs stopping eating/drinking anything but water after 6pm. Her doctor recommended it for heartburn/reflux - so she eats her big meal for lunch and has a smaller portion when she feeds her husband and kids. So why am I sitting here eating brownies at 8:30 when I split my wetsuit zipper last Tuesday?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom