Looking for a good fish/marine life guide (Caribbean)- any suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FastDen

Registered
Reaction score
:blfish: :sharky: :turtle: :rfish:

Hi y'all-
I'm looking for a good fish/marine life guide :book: for my next trip to Cozumel- any favorites you can suggest? Thanks!
FastDen

Look for Paul Humann's Identification series. There's 3 volumes, Reef Fish, Reef Coral and Reef Creatures. The new 3rd edition has just come out. He also has an excellent book on Fish Behavior that explains alot of what you see.

You can usually find these on Amazon.com or at your local dive shop.

ME!

Give me a list of what you want to see and then take me along to make certain you get to see everything on your list. Where we going?

Humann's books are the best and there's some updates out recently. Try amazon.com.

If you are looking for an educational video, try "Caribbean Reef Encounters", it even has a little quiz at the end.

I agree with Dee, Humann's Reef fish Identification. There is a set of 3 books and there are worth the investment. Last I knew undercurrent's websit had a good price on all three. Also you can check out amazon.com or your LDS might also have them.

My husband and I take them on every trip we go on. They are packed at the moment for a May 31st departure.

Leslie

Originally posted by Dee
Look for Paul Humann's Identification series. There's 3 volumes, Reef Fish, Reef Coral and Reef Creatures. The new 3rd edition has just come out. He also has an excellent book on Fish Behavior that explains alot of what you see.

You can usually find these on Amazon.com or at your local dive shop.

I vote for this also.... it's the best I've found so far.

LOL, Jarhead!!! Thanks- I needed a big laugh today!
Best,
FastDen :rainbow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom