Local source for steel tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xSandman3

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hey y'all,
I want to buy a couple of low pressure steel tanks in the 80-100 range. I can get them from scubatoys, and will if I can't find any local ones for sale. Unfortunately, I am way impatient and want them NOW. Does anyone have any idea if any dive shops in SoCal have any in stock? By SoCal, I mean from San Diego to LA.
Thanks for your help.

xSandman3:
Hey y'all,
I want to buy a couple of low pressure steel tanks in the 80-100 range. I can get them from scubatoys, and will if I can't find any local ones for sale. Unfortunately, I am way impatient and want them NOW. Does anyone have any idea if any dive shops in SoCal have any in stock? By SoCal, I mean from San Diego to LA.
Thanks for your help.

Sport Chalet, Mission Viejo (949) 582-3363. I work there on Friday 9:30-5. We have a LP 80 and possibly a 100.

I've got some slightly used Faber LP95's for sale. I sent you a PM with the details.

Steve

I was in Dive & Surf in Redondo yesterday - never seen so many PST's in one place, at one time. I was blinded by the glare and tripped into the counter. Quite embarassing.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
I was in Dive & Surf in Redondo yesterday - never seen so many PST's in one place, at one time. I was blinded by the glare and tripped into the counter. Quite embarassing.

---
Ken
Those are definitely pretty tanks. Hope you're ok and didn't break their display case.

I got my PST 120 at diversdirect.com. 350$ and 10 for shipping. got it in 3 days. Both yoke and din adapter

John

xSandman3:
Those are definitely pretty tanks. Hope you're ok and didn't break their display case.

Little ding on the grill, no biggie. Thanks for asking.

I got my first 130 like 2 and a half years ago (?) whenever the first came out. I got it that October. They went away, and I got my second one off of eBay last summer. I've never, ever seen so many 130's in one place. I think I counted 8. It may have only been 4... things were a little bleary after bouncing my dome off the counter.

Wifie dives HP100 - I need another one for her. They're on eBay all the time - so I just gotta keep my eyes open.

Good luck on your quest. I'm in LowCal this weekend - diving 'nado on Sat Am, paddling on Sunday, and diving the Yukon Monday AM. Throw out the sweet weather for us, ok? :wink:

---
Ken

This board rocks...I now have two very slightly used Faber LP95s, thanks to stoddu.
Thanks to all who replied!

xSandman3:
This board rocks...I now have two very slightly used Faber LP95s, thanks to stoddu.
Thanks to all who replied!
So...how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market for tanks too.
And you're right about SB, this place rocks. :rock_band

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom