compare to New England...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vetdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi, all-

I am currently interviewing for a position in San Diego - no idea what will come of it, but one big consideration for me is the diving. I dive year-round in Massachusetts/New England - can anyone give me a brief comparison? Looks like you guys do quite a bit of shore diving, and I know there is lots of charter stuff/wrecks.

Thanks a bunch! Allison

If you like Wreck diving you will be sourly disappointed. We have a few but not nearly as many as in the NE. That said, the water is warmer, we have wonderful islands off our coast, lush kelp forests packed with life, oil platforms farther north and the sea of cortez and the pacific coast of Baja. All offer year round diving oh, and the water is warmer.

Terry

Allison...I just got off the plane from Cape Cod...burrrr...attempted to dive Hathaway Pond...no way...it's still winter there...so much warmer here...and much easier to get to the dive sites. You will enjoy the diving in So CA....you are within 2-3 hours of so many beach dive sites....come on out...

I like ALL diving! Wrecks are nice and all, but I am not picky. And I would love to be able to actually put my dry suit away for part of the year...

Will keep you all posted. First interview next week, if it goes well, we'll see...

(Hey DC, whattcha mean, winter??? Snow's melted! We're diving tomorrow from shore and via charter - the Pinthis wreck - on Monday...)

Back
Top Bottom