We are headed to Provo in a few weeks, what can we expect?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caymaniac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have not yet made reservations for the diving portion, but from some research have found that Caicos Adventures seem to be the most referred dive shop, what are your thoughts?
Thanks,
Caymaniac

Hi caymaniac,

Caicos Adventures and good old "Fifi" Kuntz is my top pick on Provo. However, Art Pickering's Provo Turtle Divers runs a close second. Flamingo Divers is good, too. I do not recomend Dive Provo due to surly office staff, a tendency to stay around the less exciting sites at Grace Bay & more crowded boats. I haven't been out with the newest op, Ocean Vibes.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

PS: Check the archives (wink)

Hi Doc, looks like not too many people on this board have been to T.& C. Its good to hear from you and I hear you had a great trip just recently.
Caymaniac

Deb and I were in Provo in February 2001 and dove with Art Pickering's Turtle Divers. I actually did my final certification with them early in the trip, which was convenient since they had an office at the Ocean Club where we were staying with another couple. The wall diving was fantastic, and on one trip, we even had a whale cow and her calf swim around the boat within 50 feet. Being a British island, the staff was easier to understand and talk to than on French or Dutch islands that we've been to. Their pick-up bus was rather crude, but it was always on time and always got us back. Even with my limited experience, I would highly recommend the Turtle Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom