hydro help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slyder:
looks like im SOL :shakehead for getting my tanks hydroed by sunday. guess ill have to rent one unless there is a place to do refills close where ever we are going.
Laguna Sea Sports is pretty close to everything in Laguna Beach. If you ask them "real nice" they might even fill your tank all the way to the top! :wink:

Christian

slyder:
looks like im SOL :shakehead for getting my tanks hydroed by sunday. guess ill have to rent one unless there is a place to do refills close where ever we are going.

Are you joining us at Montage in the AM? If so, it looks like Montage is just about half-way between Laguna Sea Sports and Beach Cities Scuba. BCS is closer to the 5 fwy if you come from the south.

If you are doing a North Laguna dive (aren't some doing Reef Point?) then you;ll definitley want to use LSS.

kelphelper:
aren't some doing Reef Point?
Thats Sunday. I think everyone who can make it to Laguna, will be joining us at Treasure Island on Saturday. After we look at the conditions, we'll either dive there or head somewhere else.

Christian

headhunter:
Laguna Sea Sports is pretty close to everything in Laguna Beach. If you ask them "real nice" they might even fill your tank all the way to the top! :wink:

Christian
I was very nice to them and got short filled.

jetfixer:
I was very nice to them and got short filled.
I get short fills from them sometimes. It's usually only a few hundred psi at most. I think it's because they do pretty hot fills.

If I know I'm going to do my next dive with someone wearing a water heater, I'll explain to them that I'm diving an 80 with someone who has a 130 and that I'd like to let the tank cool and make sure it's as high as I can get it. They are pretty nice about it and let it cool and top it off. If I do that, I tell them that I'm not in a hurry and usually tell them that I'll go across the street to Husky Boy and come back for it later.

Christian

sorry this is off topic, slyder!
i showed up early (3hrs) to meet ann marie for a dusk dive. give him plenty of time, no rush. went across the street etc. i thought at the time it would be rude to throw a gauge on it. wish i had. i was pretty mad when my E7-100 3442 psi tank was only filled to 3000. which makes it an 80. why have a 100?? next time i'll throw a gauge on my tank.

jetfixer:
sorry this is off topic, slyder!
i showed up early (3hrs) to meet ann marie for a dusk dive. give him plenty of time, no rush. went across the street etc. i thought at the time it would be rude to throw a gauge on it. wish i had. i was pretty mad when my E7-100 3442 psi tank was only filled to 3000. which makes it an 80. why have a 100?? next time i'll throw a gauge on my tank.
Yeah, that's approaching the 500 psi mark! That's more than just cooling down a bit.

I've thought about getting myself a gauge to test the tank after getting it filled, so I don't have to haul my reg into the shop. I guess I could just ask them for their gauge. I guess if they fill properly, they shouldn't mind.

We'll end the hijack now.

Back on topic: How can slyder get a hydro on his tank on the same day? Is there anyplace that does this?

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom