traveling with a baby

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cnctina

Reaction score
We are thinking about going to Anthonys Key Resort with a 10-month old baby. AKR said a nanny could be provided for $10 a day.
I would like to hear some imput from others that have traveled with infants.
Thanks.

cnctina:
We are thinking about going to Anthonys Key Resort with a 10-month old baby. AKR said a nanny could be provided for $10 a day.
I would like to hear some imput from others that have traveled with infants.
Thanks.

If you're flying on TACA I believe that you can check them through the same as pets.

Seriously though...

If you are asking about AKR's Nannysitting thing, I'm sure that they do just fine. I have heard no complaints and only good things. AKR is used to handling the offspring of divers and keep them down to a low roar, roughly similar to the parade of cruise ship "divers" that trundle through to pester the dolphins. The Nannies do a good job.

If you are asking about travelling to a third world country with virtually no medical facilities of any sort, I would have to tell you that you are taking a huge gamble.

Go to Cayman. Evacuation can be immediate and their medical facilities are quite good. A second group might include Grand Bahama or Freeport, but the diving is several steps lower than Cayman. It is hard to find Roatan quality diving with sufficient infrastructure to provide life support for infants. The two just don't go hand in hand.

A young child that is old enough to enjoy the family oriented programs offered by AKR might like the nature tours, dolphin fondling, arts & crafts. Their bodies have the resiliency to survive most ailments (and the threatening effects of dehydration) long enough to reach medical care which is as close as the next Life-Flight to Houston.

When the kid is old enough to snorkel, however....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom