Dry Tortugas liveaboard Oct. 27-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverDoris123

Registered
Reaction score
Yippee!! I'm excited... just returned from Bonaire and it's time to schedule another fun, fun, dive trip!!! Soooooooooooo, we're doing the Ultimate Getaway trip to the Dry Tortugas again. If you've joined me on this boat before, you know what fun it is. If not, you'd better give it a try!! October 27-30, 2005
The Ultimate Getaway is a 100' air-conditioned, "tailored for diving" liveaboard. Nothing fancy.. no private rooms with private bathrooms. I like to call it the 'camping style' liveaboard. Bunks with 4-6 bunks per area and several bathrooms aboard. Liveaboard diving includes all your meals, accommodations, and diving. And we dive A LOT on this trip!!
There is a sample itinerary below, and we can customize the trip to our tastes. I, personally, like to hunt lobsters (I'm a bit of a fanatic if you didn't know...), but the Dry Tortugas are great for just sightseeing the reefs also. Spearfishing is also allowed.
Since it's not an easy location to get to, it is not 'overdived' and the reefs are in nice, healthy condition and there are usually lots of fish. We also do a couple of wrecks (Baja California wreck and a radio tower) where you will see the Giant Goliath Grouper. We've seen 13 on one of the dives. They are HUGE!!!
OK, I could go on and on about this dive trip, but here's the real deal... I have reserved the whole boat and need to put money down. So if you would like to come diving in the Dry Tortugas in September with the whole Diving With Doris crew (me and my crazy friends!!), send me a $150 pp deposit to get the ball rolling. The entire trip is $625 pp and the dates are Oct. 27-30.
If you'd like to see pictures of the boat, visit their website at www.ultimategetaway.net
Our captain will be Rick and the crew is very helpful. The average depth of the dives is 50-80 feet, so we can generally get lots of dives in. Nitrox is available for an additional fee. We can talk details later... join the fun!!
If you are flying in, look into airfare for Ft. Myers... let me know if you need more details!
I look forward to diving with you sooner rather than later. If you can't make this, think about the Keys in July for mini-season (also great reef diving if you don't want to catch lobsters!!) July 27-28 or the Roatan trip over Thanksgiving Week!!

Doris Pfister - PADI MI 52598
Diving With Doris
cell 813-713-4691

TRIP SCHEDULE Sept. Oct. 27-30
Oct. 27 - Your trip starts with you arriving somewhere between 5:00pm-6:30pm. We will give you a boat briefing, and leave the dock around 7:00pm. You will have a 12-hour cruise to dream of the diving you will be doing in the remote, pristine waters of "The Dry Tortugas".

Day one (Oct. 28):
Arrive at 7:00 am on your first dive site, breakfast will be served (before or after your dive, your choice). Then we will continue to move to different dive sites throughout the day. (Plan on 5-8 sites per day). You can pick and choose which sites you'd like to dive! Most dive sites average between 40-80 feet, we can customize to your abilities. Lunch and dinner will be worked into your schedules.

Day two (Oct. 29):
will consist of the same type of schedule. EAT, SLEEP, DIVE!!!

Day three (Oct. 30):
you will wake up anchored to the "Baja California", a World War ll transport ship built in 1914. The 266-foot steamship was carrying a general cargo that included tobacco when it was torpedoed just forward of midships by the German submarine U-84 on July 19, 1942. The main wreckage now sits in 115 feet of water off Naples. Your next dive will be on an Air Force relay tower, (A trip favorite!) Then we will be heading home, arriving in Ft. Myers between 4:00-5:00pm.

Back
Top Bottom