Aow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oscar_2424

Contributor
Reaction score
hi i just finished my advanced open water dives and i got to say the more you learn scuba diving gets better and better an d know i cant wait to go a gain to a 100ft dive site its AWEWSOME, well next month i will be doing the rescue couerse i hope i can get to become a divemaster, but this is the best thing to do all year long

go for continuing education and dive safely always :eek:)

better to abort the dive than abort your life (or someones life) :wink:

First ~ congrats on your AOW and your newly found obsession!
oscar_2424:
...the more you learn scuba diving gets better and better...
May I make a suggestion?

Like you, I breezed through the PADI program and started the DM program within 3 months of getting certified (I already had ~ 60 dives at that point). Less that 6 months after OW certification I was a dive master and was being told what a great diver I was. What I figured out even as I was going through the DM program, it doesn't teach you to be a better diver. It's a program that's designed you to teach and "lead" but at no point did my actual diving skills improve.

I wanted to do some deeper dives to see some stuff you don't see shallow and scared myself doing a 180' air dive. So I decided maybe some tech diver training would be a good thing :11:

Somewhere in the search for tech classes, I ended up making a trip to the Puget Sound area and got to dive with Uncle Pug. For some reason, I quickly figured out I was a pretty crappy diver, despite what the folks back home were saying :17: In my humiliation, I very quickly raised the bar a few feet!! I haven't climbed that high yet, but....

So I looked in the GUE training. I found that taking the DIRf class not only gave me the tools to dramatically improve my own dive skills, it made me a way better DM in terms of keeping track of students or groups as well as being a dive leader.

Snowbear:
So I looked in the GUE training. I found that taking the DIRf class not only gave me the tools to dramatically improve my own dive skills, it made me a way better DM in terms of keeping track of students or groups as well as being a dive leader.

And you're not just a member, you're also the president? You sound like DIR commercial, hehe. Now, please don't forget, to make a really successful advertisement you need one or all of the following:

- A monkey
- A voluptuous woman
- Some fool getting hit in the family jewels
- A bodily function noise (burp, fart etc)
- Another voluptuous woman

Kriterian:
And you're not just a member, you're also the president? You sound like DIR commercial, hehe. Now, please don't forget, to make a really successful advertisement you need one or all of the following:

- A monkey
- A voluptuous woman
- Some fool getting hit in the family jewels
- A bodily function noise (burp, fart etc)
- Another voluptuous woman

For those of us who know to whom you speak, a saying comes to mind ...

"Why be silent and be thought a fool, when you can speak and remove all doubt."

OF course, with 0 to 15 dives, I'm sure you've got all the answers.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom