Missing Diver in Rutlant, Vt Quarry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim's from my LDS. I know him well, and it's creepy to hear his name associated with such a story.

No update to report yet though. We're all still kind of hoping for the miracle.

Eileen

reefseal:
New England Cable News reports a missing diver in a Rutland, VT quarry. They gave a name of Tom Gagnon. Any one have any updates?

I've dove this site. Can see how can happen easily.

Certainly this is personal, so if I am mistaking your comment, please forgive me. But please don't be dismissive of the fact that Tim was cave diving. There is a cave diving certification and people can and do get training to dive in caves. Tim did. In addition to many other certs. It's a great loss.

Eileen

reefseal:
Excuse me, it's Tim. Not Tom. Tim Gagnon, 43, of Northwood, N.H.. Was found in caves of quarry by recovery divers. Not a recreational dive.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=3407286

very tragic indeed, and my thoughts go out to his family and friends

the report says they had trouble at depth, and that his buddy came up thinking
that Tim was following close behind. at the surface, he realized Tim wasn't following.

Very sad news.. I dive in probably the same quarry (not sure if it's the same one, but there is "the quarry" in Rutland often called Big Blue that's popular with divers and I know there are 'caves' there).

Very Sad.....My thoughts go out to his friends and family....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom