questions on malta

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utnapistim

Contributor
Reaction score
hi,

i'm going to malta next week, and i had a few questions:

First i read on the net that you need a "fit for diving" certificate. Anyone who dived there can confirm this? is this regulation enforced? (I'm kind of lazy and don't want to make the trip to a doctor; besides i'm diving every month, so i'm fit :crafty:).

Second, can anyone recommend some diving shops around Valletta?

and third, i'm looking for diving buddies once I get there. Anyone in the area interested?

i know that another thread has been started on malta but i wanted to open a new thread anyway (my quesions are different :confused2 )

First: From what I gather this used to be true...I just got back from Malta saturday though and was there once in april and I can assure you that you don´t need one...

Second: I´d recommend Oxygéne Malta, situated in Sliema (very close to Valetta) (www.oxygene.se, click on Malta)...I spent a week diving with them in april, and really appreciated the service and their resonable prices...there´s not a lot of info on their webpage but if you contact them I´m sure they´ll be able to help you out...

Can´t help you with your third question but most diveshops should be able to set you up with a buddy once you get there....

Good luck and happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom