Dive getaway under $3k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NotQuiteDead

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I'm looking for the ideal spot for a 4-5 day dive getaway for under $3k, preferably late Oct/early Nov. Any recommendations?

Specifically, this will be a 'romantic getaway' type thing for me and the girlfriend, she should be certified by this time, or will possibly be certified while down there.

Mexico, i.e. Cozumel, Cancun, Playa del Carmen area. I personally prefer the area between Playa and Tulum, it's nice, quiet, and peaceful. The diving is probably not as good as Coz, but it's not near as crowded and the dives are as easy and peaceful as the rest of the area. That time of year, you should be able to do it in your price range. Just my 2psi.

the hubbie and I are headed to Key Largo for our anniversary. We have rented a house for the week from VRBO.com, which was much cheaper than hotels and we are booking in advance for our dives. The dives there are very pretty with lots of wildlife and it is in the keys. We have been there once before and had a nice time and really enjoyed the diving and the price range is nice for not having to buy plane tickets to leave the country. This vacation cost is under $1500 with lodging and Scuba everyday for a week.

Anthony's Key Resort on Roatan should fall well within your price range. The diving there is suitable for beginners (and they get a lot of them). It is a very attractive resort - white sand, lush vegetation, lots of palm trees - in a word, "romantic".

did Maui last november for 5 days, 900 for flights and hotels,another 500 for diving, and loved every minute of it...we did all boat diving, so if you want you could shore dive, and make it cheaper..

Ambergris Caye, Belize ... you can find everything you need in the link below to put your own trip together. It's fairly close, lovely diving (suitable for new divers), and has a lot besides diving to offer.

http://www.ambergriscaye.com/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just went to Grand Cayman in late April for 6 days and it was 3k. We stayed in a nice resort and did every activity we could (and lots and lots of great diving). You could do a trip there even cheaper than that...

you should have no problem finding a place with that budget

Wow, I'm outta touch with the prices--I thought a decent trip would be much closer to $3k...thanks guys!

I'll take a look at these, keep em coming!

i'd second Bonaire, almost anywhere (from research for my trip last year)

Roatan, almost anywhere (from research for my trip)

Cayman is going to be on the pricey side, but you can do it under 3k if you look around (from research for a trip a few years back)

NotQuiteDead:
Wow, I'm outta touch with the prices--I thought a decent trip would be much closer to $3k...thanks guys!

From where you are, $3K will buy one Hell of a great vacation. You can have a great time at any of the suggested places in this thread for much less than that.

I think you should take a few minutes and describe exactly what you are looking for. Some places are really romantic and secluded (like Little Cayman), and others have a roaring nightlife. The rest are in the great rainbow of in between.

Back
Top Bottom