My Luminox Watch Leaked

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carbon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I took my Luminox "Navy SEAL" dive watch to 103 feet, and when I returned to the surface there was condensation covering the inside of the watch crystal. When I questioned my favorite watch repairman/salesman he said that any watch that doesn't have a screw-down stem/crown is prone to leak deeper than 30 meters.

The watch claims to be a "200 meter" watch. I know the depth claims for watches need to be taken with a grain of salt, but my dive depth was 30 meters. That seems to be quite a bit less than 200 meters.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Thanks,
Carbon

carbon:
I took my Luminox "Navy SEAL" dive watch to 103 feet, and when I returned to the surface there was condensation covering the inside of the watch crystal. When I questioned my favorite watch repairman/salesman he said that any watch that doesn't have a screw-down stem/crown is prone to leak deeper than 30 meters.

The watch claims to be a "200 meter" watch. I know the depth claims for watches need to be taken with a grain of salt, but my dive depth was 30 meters. That seems to be quite a bit less than 200 meters.

Hi!

I have no experience with Luminox watches. But I just checked out their web site. Interesting... there seem to be three types of Navy SEAL watches... 3000, 3100, and 3200 series. I'm sure in increasing order of price. They're all "rated" to 200 meters; but only the 3100 and 3200 have a screw-down stem/crown. The 3000 has a "double gasket crown/stem [that] confers water resistance of 20 atm/200 meters/660 feet." I assume that's the type you have.

Still, sound like a warranty issue. What does the warranty say?

Or do you have a warranty :11: ? If not, and you bought from an unauthorized dealer, maybe the dealer provides their own warranty....

Good luck!

--Marek

I have a cheap model which I took commercial diving for 8 yrs and is dinged but still works fine. Dives to 130' in Chuuk Lagoon for a week as well as diving in the Puget Sound. The Expencive watch is doing just fine too, thank You.
As above, the cheap plastic one doesn't screw down but, has lasted since '98 and have it on my arm now. You might try to talk to the company, I would not be unhappy if it failed now. It has lasted quite a while without a flaw. Still bright! Bill

'Guess that I forgot to mention I didn't buy it. One of the Guys on SEAL Team 6 gave it to me in '98. After reflecting on it a minute ago, I forgot that. Maybe it isn't a standard cheapie... B

Well, my watch looks like it is a 3000 model (double gasket). It was a gift from a diving friend of mine, who can no longer dive. So the watch's value is mostly sentimental.

On the positive side, I opened the watch up, and was able to get the movement working again. I think it can be cleaned up and brought back to full life.

Carbon

I have three of their watches and never had a problem with any of them outside of battery changes. Most people will set the date almost every month but they forget it's a two stop crown so it floods. Before every dive I check to see if my crown is pushed in all the way on my dual gasket models (3001 which I'm wearing at this moment and my 3901). On my screw down I need not worry as much, but I still check. Luminox watches start at $225.00 and go up to around $750.00 MSRP.

This place does all the warranty work for Luminox!

http://www.parsecent.com/

Parsec Enterprises, Inc.
7501 N. Harker Dr.
Peoria, IL 61615
1-309-689-6531
Fax: 1-309-689-6543
mailto:repairs@parsecent.com

Poseidon8118:
... Most people will set the date almost every month but they forget it's a two stop crown so it floods. ...
Yep... my wife flooded hers this way. Luminox replaced it for free.

Mine's had years and years of all kinds of depths without a problem. Although I've pulled the pins out of their plastic holes a couple of times.

All the best, James

I had a 3000 that I sent to Parsec. If you have a problem, it will be with them. I sent mine in and they wouldn't respond to my attempts to contact them. I e-mailed, mailed, called, etc. all they did was send me a bill. Mine flooded the first time I dove with it. I was doing an equipment check in a quarry and couldn't get any deeper than 24 ft (the quarry depth). Confronted Luminox at DEMA, they handed me a new watch and apologized for the contractor. Can't complain about the response.

carbon:

Thanks,
Carbon

I gave up on that company and the watch after the 3rd time it leaked , of course I sent it back to be fixed again and the Warranty was up and then they wanted to charge me $75.00 to replace the adjustment stem. I e-mailed them back imforming them that it was never fixed correctly the first or second it was sent in , If that was the way they were going to be they could keep there junk. I WOULD TAKE THE $75.00
AND BUY A NEW CASIO G SHOCK . My last G shock lasted 8 years same battery , never Leaked. I currently have 2 other G shocks 4 & 2 years old , never leaked and I have replaced the battery on the oldest. My opion Casio a lot better watch for the money . If they had the Dive Computer watch out at the time, I would have bought it instead . I paid $200.00 for that Seal Dive Watch==Junk + bad warranty support.

My 2 cents Lot's of Luck

AQUAMAN2:
I gave up on that company and the watch after the 3rd time it leaked , of course I sent it back to be fixed again and the Warranty was up and then they wanted to charge me $75.00 to replace the adjustment stem. I e-mailed them back imforming them that it was never fixed correctly the first or second it was sent in , If that was the way they were going to be they could keep there junk. I WOULD TAKE THE $75.00
AND BUY A NEW CASIO G SHOCK . My last G shock lasted 8 years same battery , never Leaked. I currently have 2 other G shocks 4 & 2 years old , never leaked and I have replaced the battery on the oldest. My opion Casio a lot better watch for the money . If they had the Dive Computer watch out at the time, I would have bought it instead . I paid $200.00 for that Seal Dive Watch==Junk + bad warranty support.

My 2 cents Lot's of Luck

I also have two casio G-shocks the DW6900 and DW9501-8v and love them. For the money they can't be beat...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom