La Jolla Lodging???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

While it may not be the most romantic place, I found a good rate at the Travelodge Laguna Beach through motel.com for the last Wrinkles Dive. It was $75 per night, but I would imagine that now that the summer season has started it's gone way up.

Christian

If you got money to dump get a suite at the La Jolla Hilton. Other wise the Garden inn in Carlsbad,might be a bit of a drive but nice. If you really want to blow the cash I could direct you to a few vacation rentals friends have.

and always stay at the Sea Lodge Hotel which is the nothern part of the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club.

It is right on the beach. You could put your gear on in your room! There is a nice sunset bar and the food is Ok.

Prices are highly variable it can be pricey but you can also get good deals.

Diver_Jan:
Anyone have any suggestions for a nice romantic get-away in La Jolla??? :eyebrow: I would like to come down for the weekend of June 10-12th.

Also would like to dive the Canyon and other spots. Suggestions???

TIA for your help.

Jan

There are plently of places to stay in San Diego. Just be sure to get down to the beach area before 8am to get a parking spot. Parking on Vallecitos is ideal for diving, but it's just s stroll down the boardwalk(from the main lot) to a good entry point. I would look at Expedia or Travelocity or call them directly to find the best rate!

Sean

Priceline is always a good deal though you don't always know at which hotel you'll stay, but you do get to choose the star level. Betterbidding.com can help you find out which hotels you are most likely to get. I use it all the time and stay at resorts that usually run $300 a night for $75. Can't beat those prices with a wet noodle! :crafty:

When we wanted to go down there a few weeks ago, my wife found a little ad in the Los Angeles Times offering a special rate at the Scripps Inn, facing the ocean near Hospital Point in La Jolla (about a block south of Childrens Pool). The whole place only has about 14 rooms. I think some of the rooms have fireplaces (ours didn't). Very friendly and helpful staff. I'd go back.

Diver_Jan:
Anyone have any suggestions for a nice romantic get-away in La Jolla??? :eyebrow: I would like to come down for the weekend of June 10-12th.

Also would like to dive the Canyon and other spots. Suggestions???

TIA for your help.
Jan
Hey Jan:
Been to La Jolla on a few romantic / flee from the children getaways. Your budget and convenience to diving both come into play. For big bucks/great atmosphere/romance, try Hotel Parisi or La Valencia ($300+). The Grande Colonial is a great place and very historic - paid about $175 to stay there. I stayed at the TravelLodge in the more southern part of La Jolla a couple years ago and it was horrid - moldy shower curtains if you get my drift. They may have remodeled it.

Just went down there again about two weekends ago and decided to stay in Pacific Beach at the Ocean Park Inn. It's right on the beach less than a block south of the pier. Clean room, nice pool and jacuzzi, primo location, $159 on Expedia. Of course none of my suggestions take diving into account. You might consider something more accessible to the Cove.

Have fun. If you have room in your suitcase, I'll stow away.
Kevin

Back
Top Bottom