Cathedral Rocks, sunrise 6/2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
gmbaker and I got up early again and this time went to Cathedral Rocks since the seas were flat and the tides were right. We hopped in around 6:15am and did a nice 45 minute dive on a 300 degree heading out to 69 feet and back. Vis was quite poor (10ft-ish) below 35 feet due to a lot of algae and there was very little ambient light. Gary said he saw a few lobsters, but other than a couple fish, I saw very little life out there. Temp at the surface was 47 degrees, bottom temp was 43 degrees. Things are starting to warm up, but the lobstering still seems quite poor.

Now I'm at work wishing I was able to do a 2nd dive.... :(

Anyone buying a house in Rockport soon? Getting up at 3:45 is getting old. The dive was great even if there was not a lot to see. The 69' depth was great and the seas were calm as could be, all in all a great dive. One of these days we will stay for two dives.

That's not a bad idea! Having a "dive resort" of sorts on Cape Ann and either being on the water or shuttling folks to the beaches. I wonder if that could actually make enough dough to support itself?

scubastew:
That's not a bad idea! Having a "dive resort" of sorts on Cape Ann and either being on the water or shuttling folks to the beaches. I wonder if that could actually make enough dough to support itself?

Just getting that exclusive Gloucester resident parking pass would make shore diving easier! Imagine that - no more long walks to and from the car at Folly and Old Garden!

The tricky part is proving residence in Rockport. Showing up at Mass Electric with 200 people to go on one bill might not go over so big.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom