PADI - Utila in july - Need reservations ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Elferno

New
Reaction score
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are looking to get our PADI in Utila in the first week of july.

Do we need to book a course and an hotel room already ?

Or can we just go there and there'll be enough places ?

Thanks all for your help

Mat

Elferno:
Hi,

My girlfriend and I are looking to get our PADI in Utila in the first week of july.

Thanks all for your help

Mat

www.deepblueutila.com

SB trip planned there in July see the thread on Singles forum

Elferno:
Hi,

Thanks all for your help

Mat

First off, you don't get your PADI. PADI is the certifying company. :wink: You will get your PADI Open Water, at least. With that said:

I recently returned from Utila as a Dive Master. For the most part you can find decent lodgings when you arrive. Unless you are planning on doing the resorts (which I think is kind of the opposite of the genuine Utila experience), I recommend just finding something once you arrive. You can find an apartment for as cheap as $2 a night to about $35 a night. If you are arriving on the ferry you can leave your stuff on the corner at Capt Morgans where they will watch it for free. Check out the local dive shops but I highly recommend Ecomarine. It is down by the beach, very friendly, and has the most experienced staff on the island. They also have a very cheap and reasonable hotel next to the shop. When will you be there? I am returning in July as well.
Good luck and happy diving! I am so excited for you.
Any questions, drop me a PM!

Hi Mat, when you arrive than just take a day and look around and find the "right" shop for you, with 12 dive shops on Utila you will find a couple of interesting shops and take the time and talk with your instructor. I am here now since 3 years and I recommend utila dive centre or cross creek. have a look at www.utiladivecentre.com or www.crosscreekutila.com, if you need more detailed information regarding accommodation and diving pm me
Thomas

Elferno:
Hi,

Thanks all for your help

Mat

Send Underwater Dentist a PM.

Regards,

Utila is a good time, I just got my instructor at the Bay Islands College of Diving. This is a very nice facility. They have the only hyperbaric chamber on the island (if your interested in the medical side of things). They take trips to the north side of the island every day where there is great wall diving and marine life to experience. Check out their website www.dive-utila.com

Where every you dive make sure that you make at least one dive on Black Hills. It is a sea mound a couple of KMs to the south east. I was there for 2 months and it was my favorite.

FYI- Prior to going to utila I was in the hills of the mainland (semi-jungle area). I was told locally that there was no malaria in the area. I found out 2 weeks later that was wrong.

You should check out a few dive shops before you take the plunge (Ha Ha), and tell 'em Malaria Dave sent ya!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom