mapating in anilao this time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
going to check it out tom, wondering what kind of vis to expect this time of year? hope i get to see some predators tom:)

there are always predators at mapating anilao, sharks and barracudas at that area. so with strong currents .

give us your dive trip afterwards ...

paolov:
there are always predators at mapating anilao, sharks and barracudas at that area. so with strong currents .

give us your dive trip afterwards ...

the trip was awesome went to 3 sites. mainit, bahura and mapating. did not see any predators but saw mantas and lotsa turtles. was great!

Spoon:
the trip was awesome went to 3 sites. mainit, bahura and mapating. did not see any predators but saw mantas and lotsa turtles. was great!

hmmmmm well if you went early in mapating and at around 90 to 100ft you should have seen them. but if you were not the first to the dive site, then most likely some guy chased the predators away.

all the same glad you enjoyed it !!!! :O)

paolov:
hmmmmm well if you went early in mapating and at around 90 to 100ft you should have seen them. but if you were not the first to the dive site, then most likely some guy chased the predators away.

all the same glad you enjoyed it !!!! :O)

you are right! there was an earlier group that visited the sight, they saw about 3 averaged sized blacktips in the vicinity. we were the next group to dive the site in the hopes of sighting them. no avail.

btw i did my first night shore dive, we ascended amidst crashing waves and sharp rocks.was an ordeal to get to shore. i was actually pissed off with the dm coz we were supposed to be picked up by the bangka. dm led us astray because we followed a stingray into deeper waters. lost one of my brand new diverite fins. let me know if ya find it:)

Spoon:
amidst crashing waves and sharp rocks.was an ordeal to get to shore. :)

I second that! hehe what a way to exit huh, a big wave kick from behind.
Sunday was ok though, Bahura was suprisingly very calm early in the morning (8 am).
After an SI of one hour we went back and it was mayhem. Kuryente!!! A very exhilirating dive indeed.

clgsamson:
I second that! hehe what a way to exit huh, a big wave kick from behind.
Sunday was ok though, Bahura was suprisingly very calm early in the morning (8 am).
After an SI of one hour we went back and it was mayhem. Kuryente!!! A very exhilirating dive indeed.

totally, if it werent for my wetsuit i would have actually gotten scratched up pretty bad. my dive computer got pretty scratched up as well:( my girlfriend actually panicked, not good at all. dm was so irrsponsible!

btw dove bahura jun 4 sat am and the current was pretty strong. great dive nonetheless!

Spoon:
btw i did my first night shore dive, we ascended amidst crashing waves and sharp rocks.was an ordeal to get to shore. i was actually pissed off with the dm coz we were supposed to be picked up by the bangka. dm led us astray because we followed a stingray into deeper waters. lost one of my brand new diverite fins. let me know if ya find it:)

first shore dive with a DM? shouldn't it be with an Instructor as it is your first....

was your DM a lady?

let me tell story. One time we planned to do a night dive, we did the planning the whole week before the weekend for a night dive.

weekend saturday nite came, the waves were abit active than normal. since it was not normal we decided then to abort the night dive. We were all glad we did abort.

as the plan was to enjoy the trip. exiting thru shore with waves is not a good idea for fun and enjoyment in a location of clam waters. it turns out a storm developed over the wekend.

just like this weekend, a storm just ended and another has formed with 1,000 km/hr winds. this would definitley stir up the surface waters.

SAFE and fun diving :wink:

paolov:
first shore dive with a DM? shouldn't it be with an Instructor as it is your first....

was your DM a lady?

let me tell story. One time we planned to do a night dive, we did the planning the whole week before the weekend for a night dive.

weekend saturday nite came, the waves were abit active than normal. since it was not normal we decided then to abort the night dive. We were all glad we did abort.

as the plan was to enjoy the trip. exiting thru shore with waves is not a good idea for fun and enjoyment in a location of clam waters. it turns out a storm developed over the wekend.

just like this weekend, a storm just ended and another has formed with 1,000 km/hr winds. this would definitley stir up the surface waters.

SAFE and fun diving :wink:

our instructor let his friend, a dm take us instead, nope not a lady. was and still am pretty pissed off at how irresponsible they were. we were not even briefed etc etc. so darn irritated

Spoon:
our instructor let his friend, a dm take us instead, nope not a lady. was and still am pretty pissed off at how irresponsible they were. we were not even briefed etc etc. so darn irritated

no briefing? Hmmm.....

take note nalang of those guys .... :06:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom