Cape Tides can be humbling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decapoddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Took my daughter out in the boat to Barnstable to fish and play. She had to go on the brach with a falling tide. Bad idea. I kept resetting the anchor and pushing the boat off but while callling a number on a washed up trap to let the owner know where it was, (whatever happened to good karma?.Jeez) I was away from the boat too long. By the time I ran back, it was too late. We got to enjoy a nice four hour stay on the beach. Luckily she was great. I was the grumpy, pouty, fussy, whiny one. :banghead:

decapoddiver:
Took my daughter out in the boat to Barnstable to fish and play. She had to go on the brach with a falling tide. Bad idea. I kept resetting the anchor and pushing the boat off but while callling a number on a washed up trap to let the owner know where it was, (whatever happened to good karma?.Jeez) I was away from the boat too long. By the time I ran back, it was too late. We got to enjoy a nice four hour stay on the beach. Luckily she was great. I was the grumpy, pouty, fussy, whiny one. :banghead:

that sucks .. :fruit:

we're not laughing at you....we are laughing with you....

tehe.

lord1234:
we're not laughing at you....we are laughing with you....

tehe.

There part that bugs me is that I was doing something nice . It's not like I wasn't paying attention. Oh well.

Heh heh... Yea, it happens to Bushman and I far too often. We don't often miss the falling tide; but more often then not we end up needing to come in early.

So it's a good 1/2 mile hike back to the bluff, do what needs to be done, grab a cooler of beer, and come back and "bring the boat in" for 3 hours.

There part that bugs me is that I was doing something nice .

Like the saying goes... Let no good deed go unpunished.

At least it was sand, could've been worse otherwise. Nice photo btw.

Back
Top Bottom