J. Jablonski Teaching NC DIR Fundamentals Class!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tombiowami

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is on the fence about getting into this class, we have just found out that the original instructor is not available so Jarod Jablonski himself will be coming up to Raleigh, NC to do a bit of teaching.

There are still some slots open. Contact Scott Powell at Down Under Surf and Scuba.

919-852-5333
scott@downunderscuba.com

Tommy

July 19-21, Friday evening, then all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday.

Friday evening classroom will be in Cary, then the two days of diving will be at Rolesville Quarry, aka...

Fantasy Lake

Tommy

Not sure if I want to be the guy that JJ personally failed out of DIR-F though...:(

What would I do with my new Halcyon rig? Ebay?

Got off the phone with Scott a minute ago...no going back now. What hotel is everyone staying at?

Super! look forward to meeting you. I live in the area, so do not know much about hotels. Classroom portions will be in Cary, NC, which will be Friday night, and Saturday night, so your best bet is around there. The quarry we are going to is about 45 minutes away from the shop. Scott may know of a hotel near there.

Tommy

Is he going to smack me once he sees I have Mares fins? What if I show up wearing a Dacor snorkel? Will I get a Remora in the back if I bring my SL4 as a backup light?

Maybe I should scrap all my gear and buy an EE shirt for every day of class...I hear Irvine darn near strangled some guy with cave line for using a 6'11" hose instead of a 7 footer...

Na, don't think so, he is a vegan engish/geology major and from what I have heard a really nice guy. I have also heard many times that GI is completely different in person than online. I am trying to get him to come up and give a lecture also. WKPP does guinea pigging for Duke which is right up the road.

The only mandatories on this one is the long hose and no split fins. Scott can rent you a hose if needed, or buy one for 30 dollars or so.

Tommy :)

Is that why there is the emphasis on the long hose? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom