Anyone interested in PADI UW Photographer Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ann Marie

be happy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
If I were to get a PADI Underwater Photographer Course scheduled through the Mission Viejo Sport Chalet, would anyone be interested in taking the class? The instructor would be a professional photographer as well as a SCUBA instructor.

The cost of the course would be $175 for the course, $19.97 for PADI C-Card (if wanted), $1.97 Student Record Folder and the cost of a boat trip. (SOCDC members get 10% off the class tution and charter fee.)

The course would include one class session and one day of boat diving.

Currently, I'm just a point and shoot kind of photographer, but this class would get into more of the nitty-gritty of photography.

Would anyone be interested?

jetfixer:
I'm interested! When?

I don't know. I just wanted to throw it out there and see if anyone wanted to take the class. I will call the instructor and see when he is available. July?

Ann Marie:
The course would include one class session and one day of boat diving.

How long is the classroom session and how many dives off of the boat? I may be interested.

TeqP:
How long is the classroom session and how many dives off of the boat? I may be interested.

I would guess that the classroom session would be at least 3 hours. Again, I would need to check with the instructor because I need to see what the instructor wants. I would also like to have another class after the boat dive so that he can critique our photos and offer postitive criticism for improvement on our developed photos.

I'm thinking the class schedule would look something like this: week one, Thursday (class) 6:30 pm-9:30 pm, Saturday (boat dive, 3 dives), week two, Thursday (class) 6:30 pm-9:30 pm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom