Nitrox Tank Marking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScreamingDiver

Registered
Reaction score
I was told yesterday by a local shop that I can't have this for marking my Nitrox tank.

I hate the big green band, and don't want it on my tanks. This clearly points out what is in the tank so I don't see the problem.

Am I wrong ?

ScreamingDiver:
I was told yesterday by a local shop that I can't have this for marking my Nitrox tank.

I hate the big green band, and don't want it on my tanks. This clearly points out what is in the tank so I don't see the problem.

Am I wrong ?

I assume that you have a current VIP that states that the tank is O2 clean right? That's the only sticker you really "need". Everything else is fluff, any shop that won't fill your tank because you don't have a huge green/yellow Nitrox sticker doesn't deserve your business. I'll stick a piece of making tape on mine after I measure the O2 conc. to mark it, basically what your sticker says.

Mel

melfox26:
I assume that you have a current VIP that states that the tank is O2 clean right? That's the only sticker you really "need". Everything else is fluff, any shop that won't fill your tank because you don't have a huge green/yellow Nitrox sticker doesn't deserve your business. I'll stick a piece of making tape on mine after I measure the O2 conc. to mark it, basically what your sticker says.

Mel

Yep, I have the O2 clean and O2 service rated on the tank, brand new PST 130.

He still said "No" and he only does pre-mix.

what you hate may help others keep you alive.....just like the puking buzzard you wear on your shoulder the nitrox sticker will help people identify your breathng mix if you ** some time in the water. "It points out whats in the tanks" so does the nitrox sticker.

These are small, and should do the same job. I'm assuming you are IANTD from the other decal.

eandiver:
what you hate may help others keep you alive.....just like the puking buzzard you wear on your shoulder the nitrox sticker will help people identify your breathng mix if you ** some time in the water. "It points out whats in the tanks" so does the nitrox sticker.

Please explain how having a backgas tank marked with its contents will help another diver save you? Especially underwater?
Its a ploy to have the diveshop sell you an unneccessary sticker.

Stage and sling bottles are totally different animals.
-g mount

gjmmotors:
Please explain how having a backgas tank marked with its contents will help another diver save you? Especially underwater?
Its a ploy to have the diveshop sell you an unneccessary sticker.

Stage and sling bottles are totally different animals.
-g mount

I agree. I could understand the dive shop not wanting a piece of masking tap with "MOD = " written on because it could come off and endanger the filling crew. Other than wanting to sell a sticker, I can't see a reason why they'd require that ugly green/yellow thing.

PS: What the heck is the puking buzzard thing all about?

The Puking buzzard is a reference to the airborne avatar of screaming diver I believe.

I believe the reasoning behind the stickers is so someone doesn't pick up the tank believing it is only air in it. Someone gets a tank with 40% in it, thinks it's 21% and goes to 130', well, you do the math.. Of course making money off those stickers is a motive as well.

Matt

Corigan:
The Puking buzzard is a reference to the airborne avatar of screaming diver I believe.

I believe the reasoning behind the stickers is so someone doesn't pick up the tank believing it is only air in it. Someone gets a tank with 40% in it, thinks it's 21% and goes to 130', well, you do the math.. Of course making money off those stickers is a motive as well.

Matt

But his sticker does a better job of showing the mix than a giant green/yellow sticker saying "NITROX ONLY".

What's the problem between having a PPO2, MOD sticker vs. "nitrox" sticker?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom