Bad Situation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divetahoe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
It's a bad situation:

1. It's going to be 75 degrees and sunny both days this weekend (been a loooong, hard winter).
2. Lake Tahoe is 50 degrees.
3. Vis 50 ft plus.
4. Haven't been wet (due to *&#*&! work) in 7 months.
5. I am stuck in my office non-stop (15+ hours each day) all weekend.

Result: I suck... and I hate you all who are diving this weekend. *Sigh*

:banghead:

My SO is off diving with our friends this weekend, and here I am, trying to get allergies under control. I have a boat dive on next weekend's agenda, and I'm not sure the doctor will clear me to go. Sigh. Too bad there isn't a nose-blowing icon.

Loreto (your countdown event)? Haven't been down that way in a dozen years... Used to go to Mulege with my ex. That was predive life. knew some people then who had a compressor and would dive around the area. None of them were certified, but I didn't know anything at the time. Wonder if any of them got bent?

idle musings on a Saturday I'd rather be diving!

divetahoe:
It's a bad situation:

1. It's going to be 75 degrees and sunny both days this weekend (been a loooong, hard winter).
2. Lake Tahoe is 50 degrees.
3. Vis 50 ft plus.
4. Haven't been wet (due to *&#*&! work) in 7 months.
5. I am stuck in my office non-stop (15+ hours each day) all weekend.

Result: I suck... and I hate you all who are diving this weekend. *Sigh*

:banghead:

Well I guess this becomes the missery loves company thread. :)

We're still stuck in the starting blocks, now our first checkout dives are another week out, 2 weeks from today. OW dives got bumped for a AOW session.

Meanwhile we're still tryting to get my wife into a wetsuit. This has been going on for 4 months! Company 1 botched the suit (missed some dimensions by a lot) after a half hearted alteration they threw in the towel. Thank goodness the stood behind it with a full refund. Company 2 has made her suit. It was supposed to be be dropped shipped to our house so we'd know ASAP if it was a keeper. Instead they shipped to the store. We had to call to learn that it was in. Rather than spend 5+ hours on a round trip to fetch it we said, please ship it, it's bound to be here for the weekend. They went USPS and it wasn't in todays mail delivery. So my wife's dry for another weeked. At least I've been able to get out and go skin diving.

And while I'm on that topic I went skin diving this morning and the visibility was lousy. That and modest seas left me wooozy.

I'm heading down to the dive shop to scope out some gear. When we do get certified I want to hit the water running.

The good news is that our oldest graduated HS last night and Sundays party will occupy may attention.

Pete

My trip to Little Cayman, June 5th, was cancelled by the local LDS for
lack of participation....awe come on, second time this year I had a trip
cancelled! I'm P'O'D!!!!

I havent dove in years and every time I schedule a pool workout, it gets cancelled!

spectrum:
I'm heading down to the dive shop to scope out some gear. When we do get certified I want to hit the water running.

Tough to run with fins on, perhaps swimming...? :D

Sit-rep appreciated.
I'm working the "six-pack" week. 12 hour days fri-sun; mon off; 12 hr nights.tue-fri.

first time I typed that..it came out "sex-pack". A fruedian slip maybe?

novicediver:
I havent dove in years and every time I schedule a pool workout, it gets cancelled!

There is always the bath tub! Ask my wife about my testing an
outboard in the bath tub. She will never let me live that one down!

divetahoe:
Tough to run with fins on, perhaps swimming...? :D
:11:
Probably running, but 55-60 pounds of gear may slow me to a walk. If it's too rough do don my fins in the water it's not the day for a newbie & newbie wife to do a shore dive.

It's nice to know we're not alone. I waited 30 years too long, what's a few more weeks.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom