Nikon 5600 W/ Cp-6 Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would go for a different camera. The 5600 doesn't have a manual mode. It's got all kinds of scene modes, but doesn't give you much control. If you use the Nikon or Ikelite housings, you could probably play with exposure control.

i haven't looked at the 5600 but i'm always a big ikelite fan. they control all functions and are built rock solid. go ike no matter what camera you get.

Canon A series. You can find a 75 or 85 and save some money or go for the newer 95. Housings (Canon) are all similar in price for these three. Fully expandable with add on lenses and strobes should you ever wish to go that way.

Great cameras all around, small, inexpensive, easy to start with, lots of room to learn and improve. Love them.

I have that camera, as far a land use it takes great pictures, water wise it's a good camera but as said no manual stuff, if you use the manual white feature it has though you can get very good pics with it. The only problem I have had is that the shutter speed seems slow for me, I got great scenery pics but when I tried to hit a moving fish most pics came out blurred, but again I am new to this camera and I might need a different setting. The only thing I don't like about this camera is the underwater housing for it. Most casees I have had have a lever latch, this one has a click in latch that imo sucks ***. After 4 days of use neglecting it for 1hr after all dives until fresh water could be found a pin started to stick causing failure and submersion on the following days dive. But all new cases might be that way. But for a good camera both above and below I like the quality I was able to get at a novice level without $$$. But I think I would have liked a manual one as well

Back
Top Bottom