Best diving mags?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drglnc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I want to get a subscription to a few mags. Because of my location I only have access to 2 mags on the shelf. sport diver and scuba diving and want to get a feeling for what the better mags out there are.

Personally I feel that Roedale's Scuba diving magazine is way too advertiser oriented and quite lacking in content. In fact the only redeeming aspect of it is The lessons learnt section at the end of each issue. I think "Dive magazine" from BSAC (www.divemagazine.co.uk) is a far better read in all aspects, equipment review, dive news, travel destinations and it has a strong emphasis on safety and skill reviews.

My only pet peeve is that it's a bit UK-centric, reading about Stoney Cove and the wonders of a good undersuit can get old fast. But the quality of the writing and content more than compensate for it.
My 2 cents :p
Dive_lover, i was on my 69th post yesterday, lol.

dive_lover88:
I love to read Asian Diver,AustralAsia ScubaDiver and Sport Diver...they are good mags

I can certainly agree with Asian Diver, but i just may be biased as my photo is the latest cover shot......:)

Sport Diver is little more than a padi propaganda rag. Rodales is cool for equipment reviews but as stated too much advertising. Also Rodales seems to recycle the same old topics ie how to get most out of your tank etc...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom