How much do you pay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clgsamson

Koya Kap
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I dive on a weekend in Anilao I pay for the following:

5 dive package for P6,725 or around $120. This includes DM, weights and belt, boat, tanks and dive pass. Aircon room (private bath with hot and cold shower) and 5 meals (3-saturday and 2-sunday; all buffet style). Coffee and juice included.

Let's see how much your package cost? :wink:

Depending on where I am, I usually pay more than $120 for a 5 dive package. Per dive for me can run between $50-$75 per 2 tank dive. If I'm at home and diving renting a tank is between $10-$20 and the air re-fills are about $7.

clgsamson:
When I dive on a weekend in Anilao I pay for the following:

5 dive package for P6,725 or around $120. This includes DM, weights and belt, boat, tanks and dive pass. Aircon room (private bath with hot and cold shower) and 5 meals (3-saturday and 2-sunday; all buffet style). Coffee and juice included.

Let's see how much your package cost? :wink:

Jag,
http://www.balai-resort.com/anilao_rates.htm

On the Balai website, the Overnight Package Diver (w/ own gear) Twin Sharing w/ Private T/B is listed as Php3,150 - however, according to the girl I spoke to in the Balai Mla office, this fee is applicable only for 5 people. What the?

Does this mean 2 people have beds (hence the "twin sharing" category while 3 people in the same room get foam matresses and sleep on the floor? What kind of twin sharing has 5 people in a room? Or does this mean you need 5 people in a group and there is a room for 2 people and another room for 3 people, all with beds and private T/B?

To list "Twin Sharing w/ Private T/B = Php3,150" is very misleading then, if there are hidden conditions. Please clarify this issue, likewise, this info should also be on your website, specially for potential clients not based in the Philippines.

Cherrie

that's news to me!

from what i understand being in a party of 5 or more somehow affects the final cost of the boat (w/ the total boat fees divided by the # of divers)... but it shouldn't be about having 5 people in a room... 5 in a group (2 rooms) pwede pa...

i'll get on it... thanks for the heads-up

Jag

Yes, please clear that issue, my sweetie and I have a dive holiday coming up in a few days. I need options of Anilao or PG, in case Coron gets cancelled on account of the box jelly infestation or typhoon. So many good things being said about Balai, would like to try it out, except that we're just 2 people and we really do not travel in a gang. Boat share yes, no problem. Room share with 2 or 3 more bodies, pals or not? No way!

Thanks Jag!

C

weremermaid:
Yes, please clear that issue, my sweetie and I have a dive holiday coming up in a few days. I need options of Anilao or PG, in case Coron gets cancelled on account of the box jelly infestation or typhoon. So many good things being said about Balai, would like to try it out, except that we're just 2 people and we really do not travel in a gang. Boat share yes, no problem. Room share with 2 or 3 more bodies, pals or not? No way!

Thanks Jag!

C

There's one thing about diving ... if you want to be a hard core diver modesty and comfort are second to the diving :)

chers,

dont' have word yet, but if boat sharing is ok with you then it would really be good to tell them ahead of time... feeling ko talaga it's the boat rate thing but i did forward your beef and candice's beef to them since this is 2 incidents on pricing in 2 days compared to absolutely zero for the 2 years i've been doing web maintenance

balai's food is #1 in anilao or so many seem to say... real comfy place too... i'd warn you in advanced though to tell them if you prefer a cottage/ room that's lower near the shore than up the hill... i know you're used to climbing an all but i don't know how comfortable it actually is for you =)

Jag

hence the popularity of planet dive's scubarat scheme... anything lower than that would actually mean sleeping on the sand, crapping in the bushes and sipping air off used tanks!

"dude, see you got 700psi in that... akin na lang, 30feet lang naman ako e hehehehe"

hahahahahahaha

Jag

I was just hoping for a twin share room alone with my sweetie that because we do need our private time together also :wink: If it were just goofing off/hardcore diving with dive pals then room share is ok.

Jag! Argh! My horrid memory, I am trying to place where I met you. Anyway, if you all are curious to know, I'm the one legged scuba diver (see my avatar) who makes an appearance sometimes in Anilao. Last seen months ago, in a dive place with a banca theme (argh...my memory's going).

Yes, have pretty good balance on crutches up and down stairs but am no good on stairs with slippery moss/algae on it. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom