Your order please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I have been on dive boats that have full kitchens and have been on nutshells. Some offer snacks and beverages and some don't. What's your favorite?

There are times I'd like something sweet - with no chocolate (too much acid reaction)...or something fruity....or a good sandwich is always a treat and lots of water. When I dove in Egypt they offered local stuff (that they cooked on board). Too bad that I don't recall what it was or what it's called, just remember that it was good.

OH! Another thing.....What I hate seeing is when the food is passed around and someone grabs into the bowl and their wetsuit or their hair drips all over the food. How do I know that that's only saltwater? Does this bother anyone else or is it just me?

Serve everybody asparagus the night before and you won't be guessing. :D

Bring your own. The Conchs are becoming notorioius for the good munchies they bring post dive. It is common to have strawberries and whipped cream, pineapple (cut with a titaninum pineapple knife, LOL), cantalope, crackers, liquor (gotta get warm somehow), coffee, hot chocolate, water......

Why in whine & Cheese?

I like cookies or something with a lot of water or cordial. Fresh fruit after the last dive is a winner. In winter, we take out those packets of soup and a hot water thermos - nothing better between dives!

Started to write in the gerneral forum....Then I thought because I complained about the water dripping it would belong here...If you think it would be better else where I'll move it.
The cup-a-soups is a good idea :wink:

FWIW we get canisters of the instant soup, too. More economical than those little packets.

I just think you'd get more responses in the Basic Area - this is something that most divers think about and can be a factor in choosing an operator even. I don't see your comment about the drippies as damning :wink: - maybe it will remind ppl not to do it!

I have found the food on liveaboards in general to be very good. I did get sick of green chicken curry after a week of it in Thailand, but it was good for the first few days. Leesa, you should do an Aggressor cruise; not only is the food great (and plentiful), but they don't let you wear a wetsuit in the dining room.

Sounds good Vladimir! I can imagine the same thing day in and out can be a bit much - I'll tell the hubby that a liveaboard is on my wishlist ....now what about on day trips? What would you like to see there?

Back
Top Bottom