oxygen narcosis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Questions for you.

Is Oxygen as narcotic as Nitrogen.
Does Oxygen add to or inhance Nitrogen narcosis

If your answer is yes can you provide any data to back up your principles.

Dear AquaTech and UP:

I believe that this topic was covered in the past DR DECO FORUMS under “oxygen narcosis” and another under “O2 narcotic.”

Please, check those out, as I do not any more info on this topic at the current time.

Dr Deco :doctor:

PUG
I am on a PUG break so will not respond.
the reason

when we get into a conversation, and my point of view starts to make since, or we get to the point where you simple can not come up with a reason. you just stop responding to the questions. not that i am trying to get you to see it any different than you allready do, i just wnat to know more about your principles. you spen lots of time convincing people that your principles are the "Right Way" I just ask why.

you do better with your cute little remarks, and convincing nebies that if they want to be real divers they should follow your lead...blindly or through pier presure.

if someone with a little experience asks why and ask you to explain your principles you never really get there, you talk in circles the whole way through..

like here responding to a question with a question

as opposed to answering the question which was generated from your statements. i get a cute little circle jerk

I am looking for a serious answer to a serious question by someone who has an answer....

AquaTec once bubbled...
like here responding to a question with a question

as opposed to answering the question which was generated from your statements. i get a cute little circle jerk
I was not responding to your question at all (as Dr. Deco posted this has been covered before.)

I was merely completing your question for you... surely if you want data given for a *yes* answer, you will want it for any *no* answers too... only seems logical that data would be required for both.

Dr Deco once bubbled...
Dear AquaTech and UP:

I believe that this topic was covered in the past DR DECO FORUMS under “oxygen narcosis” and another under “O2 narcotic.”

Please, check those out, as I do not any more info on this topic at the current time.

Dr Deco :doctor:

Dr. Deco
Thanks for the direction, I am still reading the posts. it is all good information...and yes i would not want to have to repeat all that info.

BY the way anybody know what happend to Lost Yooper..He was great to have around here, he craved knowledge and the question he asked we all learnd from

AquaTec once bubbled...
BY the way anybody know what happend to Lost Yooper. He was great to have around here, he craved knowledge and the question he asked we all learnd from
Perhaps he has lived up to his name and got lost?

Joking aside, I certainly miss his wit.:(

Interesting thought on the effect of oxygen on divers .....here's my two cents worth ...I'm a first responder on the fire dept and one of the first things will do for people is give oxygen with usually a response from them of feeling better after a few minutes ...I've had DCS once and spent 4 hours in the chamber and as I recall was on oxygen for 30 minutes and off for 5 minutes during this whole time with nothing else to do I thought a lot about if my thinking was clearer or not on the stuff ..came to the conclusion it wasn't .... did make my sinuses a tad mucus though ...I regularly dive Nitrox 38% and again haven't noticed clearer thinking... although on air when I check my gauge for tank pressure that's the only thing I'll do.. seconds later I'll think depth and pick up the gauges again look to see how deep I am ...I've been doing this for years and just thought it's one of those quirks I do ....on Nitrox I don't do this at all ...so there yea go

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom