flying after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquasport

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If you only wait 22 hours before flying is that safe, i have a dive tuesday at 9:00 and it will end at 2:00 my flight leaves at 11:50 next day. can i do that dive,should i forget it.Thanks. What is a safe margin.

I usually use 18 hours as a rule of thumb. I definitely don't dive as deep as usual on the last day.

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
I usually use 18 hours as a rule of thumb. I definitely don't dive as deep as usual on the last day.
I agree with Tim...I think the latest DAN stuff was 17 hours, but you may want to check their website to make sure...

www.diversalertnetwork.org

but the revised flying after diving recommendations which came out of a conference on this subject last year would indicate that you are within recommended guidelines.

Basically, a 12 hour SI is recommended after a single, no-decompression dive. An 18 hour SI is recommended following repetitive and/or multiday dives or dives requiring a decompression stop.

Thanks everyone, my first dive is 80ft, then a 45ft and my flight is about 22 hrs later. I think i might only do the morning 80ft. Do you think the 2nd is safe? I'm going to call DAN. Again grateful for your input

I would not hesitate to make both dives. Just remember to go extra slow on your ascent profile and off-gas at 15 feet for as long as your gas will allow. You should be fine. Oh, and remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.:)

Back
Top Bottom