return to diving after two type 1 dcs cases.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boomer84

New
Reaction score
I've had two cases of dcs. Both type one, both cute red with one standard treatment in the chamber. Usntt6. The first was a year and a half ago, I was advised no altitude for 72 hours and no diving for two weeks. The second was yesterday. Similar symptoms and treatment.

Not been advised yet on when to return to diving but I make a living as an instructor and an concerned that I may starve... :wink:

Does anyone know the likely return time?

Where thees hits from teaching dives or from your Owen personal diving?I thing I would start looking and my dive profiles and see if there is any similarities between the two times you got DCS. and if with students maybe it has to do with how much you are bouncing to the surface and back down with each student (how many students you do at a time ). I would be concerned that I had 2 hit in a little more than a year apart. I would all so compear avery thing that I did from the 1st time to that of the 2nd time ,and see if any thing seams the same or jumps out as diferant from all your outher dive . Good luck dive safe

From a diving profile standpoint, why do you think you have had these hits?

I think dehydration was the major contributing factor. Both times were with students at a particularly busy time in the shop. First was a wreck spec which I did reverse profile on a deep dive. I researched it and considered it safe, I was wrong. This time I had 4 deeps in 2 days. And yes I bounced to the surface at the s start of the 4th dive.

I doubt you will get an answer to your question based on the information provided, best bet is to wait for you doctor to advise you. If that is not soon enough, call DAN.

Boomer,

That advice is best left up to the physician who treated you. If you haven't followed up with him/her, I recommend doing so.

Best regards,
DDM

I'm sorry boomer. Hope it comes out right for you. When you have the chance, would you mind interpreting your words "cute red" for me? TIA

I think "cute red" is autocorrect-speak for "cured".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom