Underwater weight training (fin swimming even)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amoore31

Registered
Reaction score
I could not find the old thread- Someone once mentioned co2 buildup and it was not possible at 40 ft- they did these test simulating 4 and 6 ata- (way deeper than I would go to weight lift- any physical activity)

Exercise tolerance at 4 and 6 ATA

Still many reasons not to do--
Pulmonary barotrauma
icosm10.gif

If danger does occur not controlled as in lab and chamber
icosm10.gif
icon13.png

What reason is there to? (taht's what everyone says - can't I just enjoy the activity! What reason is there to love?)
icon_redface.gif
wierdo.gif

increased nitrogen gas uptake into tissues due to increased exertion (bubble formation)
you can get same results on land ( ..... said that you cannot break through plateaus with this... I'll just leave it at dots... ..)
Why breathe through a regulator when doing strenuous activity? (I never cared) (but I am fairly "fit" - Bp, resting hr, etc.)

Arm Workout- Bicep + Tricep- Underwater Weight Training with Scuba gear - YouTube

Have Fun!

BE SAFE!!
And as always- HAVE A DIVE BUDDY (Do research first) Pulmonary barotrauma can occur within 1.2 meters of water (SOURCE NEEDED) - so ballsitic squats are out of picture. Keep torso from quick accents
confused2.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom