Lung over expansion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I returned from a weeks diving on th 2nd May. I have had increasing pains in my whole body since leaving and, in particular, my lungs are becoming more painful with each day. Today they are painfully tight to the point i haven't even had a cigarette - and believe me that's serious.
Is it possible i've damaged my lungs diving and that symptoms could appear later on? should i see a doctor?

lisahoney1979:
I returned from a weeks diving on th 2nd May. I have had increasing pains in my whole body since leaving and, in particular, my lungs are becoming more painful with each day. Today they are painfully tight to the point i haven't even had a cigarette - and believe me that's serious.
Is it possible i've damaged my lungs diving and that symptoms could appear later on? should i see a doctor?

Sent PM

Sounds like you should definately get to the doctor.

I wouldn't waste time posting this and waiting for a response.

It sounds serious and only a doctor would be able to diagnose your condition.

I had a suspected slight case of DCI several years ago and unfortunately it went untreated. I still get pains in the chest today. Because I wasn't properly diagnosed, I can't be sure if the pains were caused by DCI.

It's not worth the risk of not seeing a doctor.

Go now and post later.

I hope everything will be alright.

See a Doctor now. Call DAN if you want to find a local Doctor that knows something about DCS.

Hello lisa:

I trust that you have called your local physician and/or the Divers’ Alert Network by now. I personally would suspect that your problem is not associated with diving because of the persistence.

I noticed over the years that divers have a tendency to believe that anything untoward that occurred following a dive must be related to decompression problems. They then believe that a little “tincture of time” will allow the problem to resolve. This will result in a delay of medical issues [and possible DCS problems].

Please remember that people who are not divers also have lung problems and aches and pains in the body. Speak with your local physician, and do give indication that you were diving and where you were.

Dr Deco :doctor:

ditto on getting to a doctor *yesterday*

Have been watching and waiting to here if you are ok. What's the news? Hope things are good.

Thanks for all the advice - i found a dive doctor that day and thankfully my condition is not dive related. I've been in bed all week with a virus since then so haven't had a chance to reply - it did get me out of work early on Friday though.
Funny how i had loads of dive related symptoms, even a rash on my chest so DAN and my local dive medicine centre said i had to go and be checked out just to be safe.
thanks again for all the sound advice...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom