Wrist Mounted Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Atomic,

How comes the wrist mounted dive computer? Is the design phase still on schedule? Love my Cobalt, but holding out for an Atomic wrist mounted AI DC for redundancy.

Any updates are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~Oldbear~

BTW - I am available for beta testing :D

Hi Oldbear...I have not heard any new information on the wrist mount. I am also holding out for wrist mounted version. I don't have any dates or updates on any progress for it. I apologize for not having any information on its progress Oldbear...I promise to update accordingly!

We will keep you in mind for any kind of testing needed! Thanks...

Atomic Aquatics

crying-baby.jpg

OK...

I ... I will ... will try and hold out a little ... little longer

Me too! I'm trying to be strong, and fighting the temptation to be talked into a console-mount Cobalt, or a Suunto (no contest really...)
Happy to beta test one in Australia...make sure the equator doesn't cause any problems (or something... :) )

Atomic is working on a wristmounted computer? Apparently i missed the big news, but I'm very excited at the moment!
if it has the same clear screen as the cobalt, I'll surely be amongst the first to buy it in Belgium!
kind regards,

Aquatic Tom

We have always planned for there to be a wrist mount Cobalt. We made the decision to make the move to the now nearly-shipping Cobalt 2 first, so those changes could be incorporated into a wrist configuration. That did put the project on hold for a while, but we're on it again now. I can't give you a time frame, though. Atomic doesn't like to promote products before they are ready to ship, and there are always unknown factors in any new design.

Ron

We have always planned for there to be a wrist mount Cobalt. We made the decision to make the move to the now nearly-shipping Cobalt 2 first, so those changes could be incorporated into a wrist configuration. That did put the project on hold for a while, but we're on it again now. I can't give you a time frame, though. Atomic doesn't like to promote products before they are ready to ship, and there are always unknown factors in any new design.

Ron
Can I ask you if it will be air integrated, and if yes what technology for the wireless? RF? What frequency?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom