B2 Service questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

993guy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Thinking of picking up a used B2 reg., I would get it serviced before using it. I'm getting back into diving after many years out so I have no idea what the biennial service expense is. My primary shop doesn't service Atomic so I can't ask them.

How complex/expensive is the biennial service on the B2? Any concerns I should know about on the B2? I've read many favorable reviews on the B2 and picking one up at a reasonable cost interests me.

I have a new Cobalt 2 Console Computer that I love.

Last edited:
I don't think there is such thing as semi-annual service. Majority of the regulator service cost is labor. So once a tech take apart, inspect and reassemble the reg, the labor cost is there. Since part cost is small, if you have gone through the trouble of taking apart the reg, you might as well replace the parts so that you are good for another 2 years (In Atomic case). Why would you ever want to pay for labor and not replace part now, then pay for labor and replace part again 6 monthes later.

On the other hand, if all you need is 1st stage IP check and 2nd stage crank pressure fine tune, then it should be inexpensive. But the reg won't be taken apart, so internal component won't be inspected tho.

Ahh, my bad, I meant Biennial service not semi-annual. :D

Thanks for looking up the Jax. service location, I should have done that myself. I've been in the St. A dive shop and don't think they're set up for servicing equipment, at least it didn't look that way. I'll give the Jax. shop a call on their price.

Called Atlantic Pro Divers, ~ $75 parts & labor for 1st stage and (1) 2nd stage (no Octo.) parts and labor, sounds like a good shop.

Thanks again,
Bill

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom