Cobalt 1 Alerts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J105Puff

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have Low Gas Alert 1 set to off and pressure to 0 psi, Low Gas Alert 2 is also set to off and 0 psi. Safety Reserve is set to 300 psi and I can not change it. I am getting an low air alert at approx 600 PSI both audibly and visualy. Is there any way to silcence the audible alarm? Should the safety reserve be user changeable? Mike

Mike,

The safety reserve is user changeable, but not to less than 300 psi. The fact that you are getting a low gas alert at 600 or so is reflective of the anticipated gas use to the surface and a factor for potential sensor error at the low end- it also depends on the breathing rate recorded in the Cobalt. The next firmware update for the Cobalt 1, in field testing now, does alter this low gas scenario so it should not go off quite as early- PM me if you would like to try this version as one of our testers- we are looking for people who will notice things like this.

We do have plans to offer versions that allow the elimination of audible alarms, but it has not been a common request (more people complained about them not being loud enough at the beginning) so it has not made it to the top of the pile.

Ron

Ron Thanks for the offer but I will pass. We are coming to the end of our dive trip and when I dive with a group I like to shut my alarms off. I can;t stand listening to everyones while at a safety stop. At home I use the alarm at 500 psi as I like to be on the baot with a min of 300 in the tank. I would love to be able to eliminate the audible alarms on trips like this. Mike

Ron, I have the Cobalt 1 also and would like to be able to turn off all the audible alarms. If there's not enough demand to put it in the update, no worries, I still love the computer!

Thanks for the feedback. I think J105PUFF makes a valid point- in a big crowd alarms can get pretty annoying. We will take another look at this.

Ron

Anyone else wishing the alarms were louder?

We have actually had a lot more Cobalt 1 users asking for louder alarms than asking for the ability to silence them. We did alter the frequencies with a firmware update to ones that are easier for many people to hear- make sure you have the latest firmware installed. The massive case on the Cobalt does a good job of damping the alarms. In the Cobalt 2 the circuitry was redesigned in a way that allows the alarms to be considerably louder, but there is no way to retrofit that to the Cobalt 1, it is a hardware change.

Ron

Anyone else wishing the alarms were louder?

I can't hear mine, but I have always figured that was from having the guitar amp turned up too high for too long.

Funny though, I can hear it on the videos shot with a gopro.

When I was uploading my ice dive the other day I noticed I was running 1.41/2 so I updates my firmware to 1.42 and next time I hit the water I'll see if I can notice a difference.

Back
Top Bottom