Is Atomic Equipment Back Ordered?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Black Manta

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just want to ask if there is some type of back order situation on equipment being ordered by dive shops. I placed an order at my LDS a couple of weeks ago and they say that when they checked the status of the order with Atomic, they can't even get an estimate on when the order can be fulfilled and shipped. I'm only waiting on a simple mouth piece but it's not as if the regulator can be used without it.

cancel the order and order a generic mouthpiece for it. I know this is the Atomic forum, but if your regs are 2005 or newer it is the same bore size as the Aqualung, Hog, Hollis, Oceanic, Dive Rite, Sherwood, and Zeagle regulators. If it's before 2005 it fits the Tusa and Scubapro sizing.
https://www.divegearexpress.com/mouthpieces
Basically any of these will work except the Poseidon obviously. The Twin-Bite is likely where Atomic is buying their mouthpieces from and they're $4 each, if you want the Atomic specific "mouthpiece kit" and feel like spending 3.5x as much for the same thing with a zip tie, it appears they have them in stock for $14.

And of course there is the comfo-bite. I prefer it, but it's all in what you like...

I'm not that picky but this mouthpiece in needed to match the pink color kit on the reg. I haven't seen any others (pink) out there. And yes the comfo-bite is really nice!

Hi Black Manta...I just wanted to jump in and let you know that currently in our Salt Lake City warehouse we have Pink Mouthpieces in stock and ready to ship. I am not too sure how long they have been in stock, we typically keep stock in our warehouses but we may have run out and just received a new shipment. However, they are now in and ready to ship. I would recommend contacting your shop and ask them to get in touch with us...We would gladly get it shipped out to the shop.

Thanks Manta..

Kind Regards,
Ryan Kennney
Huish Outdoors

Thanks so much for that info. I'll get with the shop right away (before there all out!).:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom