Welcome to AUSI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

winker88

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Associated Underwater Scuba Instructors (AUSI) was formed in 1994 with the goal to provide the diving industry with affordable quality education support, ensuing that AUSI trainee divers receive the highest quality diver eduction. In line with this goal, AUSIÃÔ Open Licence System offers free visitor access to the AUSI Snorkel and Scuba Training Systems. Registered instructors and other diving professionals are eligible for free on-line cross overs as well as access to AUSI teaching support products. AUSI is an Accredited Training Agency for Snorkel and Scuba.

Why would I choose your agency instead one of the others?

Do tell...

AUSI looks after people first. Trainee diver's interests are paramount, so we concentrate of safety. However we also concentrate on looking after our instructors and facilities. We are unique in that we do not charge our professionals to do business with us. Its FREE. In the current tight economic climate, can you afford not to use AUSI?

AUSI's Open Licence System offers free visitor access to the AUSI Snorkel and Scuba Training Systems. Registered instructors and other diving professionals are eligible for free on-line cross overs as well as access to AUSI teaching support products. AUSI is an Accredited Training Agency for Snorkel and Scuba.

The AUSI unique open licence approach is a dynamic ever-evolving system that not only welcomes input from its users but acts on it to improve the system.

AUSI offers:

* Free access to all AUSI teaching materials, including Student Course Notes and instructor presentations, via our web site
* Free visitor registration
* Free instructor registration
* Free facility registration, and
* Free cross overs!

Visit our website to find out more.

• Do you have a list of the AUSI dive operators your website does not show any !

Thanks

AUSI looks after people first. Trainee diver's interests are paramount, so we concentrate of safety. However we also concentrate on looking after our instructors and facilities. We are unique in that we do not charge our professionals to do business with us. Its FREE. In the current tight economic climate, can you afford not to use AUSI?

AUSI's Open Licence System offers free visitor access to the AUSI Snorkel and Scuba Training Systems. Registered instructors and other diving professionals are eligible for free on-line cross overs as well as access to AUSI teaching support products. AUSI is an Accredited Training Agency for Snorkel and Scuba.

The AUSI unique open licence approach is a dynamic ever-evolving system that not only welcomes input from its users but acts on it to improve the system.

AUSI offers:

* Free access to all AUSI teaching materials, including Student Course Notes and instructor presentations, via our web site
* Free visitor registration
* Free instructor registration
* Free facility registration, and
* Free cross overs!

Visit our website to find out more.

Welcome to scubaboard.

I've actually heard of AUSI before but I thought it was a CMAS variant. Is that correct?

Are your standards significantly different than any of the more well known agencies?

If you don't charge instructors for using your services, then how do you cover your overhead and/or business development costs?

R..

Thanks R, I am enjoying the experience!

No, we are not derived from or based on CMAS. CMAS is French-based system that provides a form of recognition, but through local agencies. AUSI is CMAS recognised through AUF in Australia, but that is the only link.

Yes, we believe that our standards are significantly different. They have been developed over the past 20 years and are under constant review (in fact we are about to release a new update) and all our instructors and operators participate in this review process.

Our main differences are related to safety. We are very concerned that divers should experience a safe and enjoyable experience while learning - so that they can enjoy diving safely after. As part of that we actually insist that instructors do the teaching - because a video can't tell if you are paying attention. We also insist that students experience diving, not just participate in drills, as part of their training.

We believe in repetition of basic skills - nothing unusual there, but you would be surprised how often this does not happen.

I can't list all the differences for obvious reasons, but some of our innovations are worth mentioning:
- We introduced the dive level system
- We created Level I for scuba experience as part of Level II (open water)
- We have restricted our Level I scuba instructors, even though qualified, so that they must have experience with courses before teach - and they must experience teaching higher levels before teaching it.
- We have carefully waded our way through the multitude of international and Australian standards to define new standards for resort diving - and to deliver a safer more enjoyable experience for customers.
- We introduced the open license.

Enough! Lets just say we won't compromise on safety. Why not register on our site and have a look.

We run a very lean operation - and yes it is close to giving it away. We do not believe in charging instructors to be our customers. As long as they are doing some business, we don't charge. We can do this because we don't have regional players to feed or other extra fat on the overhead. We keep our certification charges as lean as possible and that is sufficient to run our operation.

As to development costs - how do you cover 20 years of hard work? We have done it now, so our attitude is, let's get on with it!

Why not ask another question - why are other agencies so expensive? If you look at how much money the average dive store is paying to their agency - how many new cars could they buy if they halved their cost? In the current market, its got to be an issue?

Cheers
R

Thanks for the answer but how does one find a AUSI school if you do not market/list them ?

How many are there and where is my question ?

All other agencies do market or at least list there operators so other divers can see who to dive with and continue there education. From my experience customers will go to great lengths to remain loyal to their choice.. Have you ever tried to convince a BSAC diver to go with say PADI or a GUI diver to go with TDI ?

Thanks

What are the requirements to become an instructor and where could I become an instructor here in Arkansas?

Hi. There are two primary mechanisms. Cross-over for existing instructors, or completing an instructing course.

Crossover is free* and can be completed by following the instructions at Ausi Cross Over.

Undertaking a course requires an AUSI facility to be running a course. This is not currently an option in Arkansas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom