How to pack for 4 day liveaboard trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

littleguppie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It's finally nearly here...our trip to Oz is only a month away! I know it will be here before we know it.

This will be our first liveaboard experience so I thought I check with the experts for packing advice. Of course, I know generally what/how to pack, but I thought if there were people out there that had packing down to a science for a liveaboard trip why not tap into that resource. We will have a weight restriction as we have a low level flight from Cairns to Lizard Island. We will have to leave the rest of our stuff back in Cairns and only bring what we need for the 4 days. Any suggestions on what will make us the most comfortable? Anything I wouldn't think to bring? What about non-clothing type things...what is your packing look like for any snacks, reading materials, etc.

I'd love to hear how/what you pack...

Hi Littleguppie

It sounds like you're doing a Mike Ball dive trip... if this is the case, you will be quite comfortable in terms of towels because they provide both towels for bathing and towels for drying off after your dives (they have a clothers dryer on board so you get toasty warm towels after you exit the water). I would suggest you pack casual clothes, something warm definitely recommended, for you if you want to sit on the top deck with a drink after dinner it can get quite cool at this time of year. Also, I remember being quite cold at night while trying to sleep... pack some warm clothes to sleep in!

As for snacks etc, they do sell choc bars and softdrinks on board. I took some of my own snacks because I'm a little fussy. They have quite a few dive magazines on board and you would definitely have time during surface intervals for a nap or sunbaking and having a read. I also took my ipod so I could zone out from everyone else.

You're really lucky because it's Minke Whale season!!!!! We had the opportunity to snorkel with whale who kept coming so close to us (hanging off a line at the back of the boat). They were having a stickybeak at us, the same as we were gawking at them! Look forward to reading your trip report when you get home.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom