***thailand 2006***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver_Jan

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone interested in going to Thailand next year??? We can start now, and use this thread as our planning thread.

Here are some basic questions:

When do you want to go?
Sometime between Jan - March; April - June; July - Sept; Oct - Dec???

How long would you like to stay?
7 days; 10 days; 14 days

Are you interested in diving only? Or would you like some sightseeing included?

What kind of accomodations would you like:
1) Live Aboard 2) Hotel 3) Condo 4) House 5) Hostel 6) All inclusive

Will you be needing a room mate? Do you want a room mate? Would you be willing to share a room with more than one person? ( 4 to a room)?

Are there specific sites that you would like to dive or see?

Please respond to these questions and feel free to ask any others that you might come up with. This will help me in researching the trip for us. I will be attending a Scuba Show in the very near future in which I can obtain alot of info.

I'll consider it but seeing as how I'm in Iraq right now and going through a divorce at the same time, not sure what I'll be able to afford or if I'll need a roommate or not. Definately interested though!

Ok-there goes the Palau trip. I'm in on this Thailand one. :jump3:
I think I would like to go anytime between Jan-June and stay at least 10 days.
I've never done a livaboard so, I don't know if I'd like that or not. But, if we can find some deals that might be the way to go. Do they even have all-inclusive in thailand?
Maybe do 5 days diving, 5 days sightseeing?
I just need to know before Nov. of 2005 on any set dates so I can put in for vacation time at work. :clock:
As of right now, I am still in the single mode and would want a roommate, If we do the hotel thing.
I have no problem sharing a room with others, kind of like a hostel or condo setting. It usually is a really cheap way to go, as long as you can stand the people you room with.
So, count me IN :multi:

I'll take a hammock on the beach. :wink:
(Can I get a hammockmate?) :11:

Hmmm gotta see where it will fit, working on a trip to "down under" on a liveaboard.

Whoooooooo hoooooooooo, got Karen, Penny, and Mark...

DMP and 2 Tours, would love to have you go along with us. We had a BLAST in Coz!

2 Tours, sorry to hear about your divorce. Diving has been my SALVATION since my divorce in 2001. My attitude now, live each day, don't worry about tomorrow. You are #1. Be safe and come home soon.

Great Plan! :D

I'd definitely be interested, but need to work around a liveaboard in Chuuk in July 2006.

I recommend the Andaman over the Gulf of Thailand, the diving around Phuket is very good indeed. If we choose to go for a liveaboard (assuming nobody suffers from chronic seasickness or cabin fever) then you have the option of heading north to the Similan Islands and Richelieu Rock, famed for their abundance of whale sharks and other pelagic fauna.

With enough people we could easily arrange a private boat charter and become masters (and mistresses) of, if not our own destinies then, at least, our own destinations.

I don't know how well all these sites withstood the Indian Ocean tsunami as I have not been back to Phuket since, but I have a few friends there who can help us with advice in that regard, and there are some people on the board who live there who can give us an opinion or two as well. I would imagine that by 2006 things should have pretty much returned to normal.

Sorry to interupt this thread, but I am hoping to go to Thailand in November, for 3 months, with my partner, we are aiming at doing 2 months work in a dive center and then 1 month travelling. We have never been before, and currently don´t have many contacts, I am going to do my Divemaster course this summer, so hopefully I can find work guiding etc.. Can anyone give me soem contacts or recommendations? Thanks and sorry to interupt!
Sweet diving!!

Hi Raya,

I read that you were planning to become a DM first before heading out to Thailand and look for DM job. I work (as a Dive Pro) and live in Phuket, so want to pass on a little advice. Save your money on the DM course and do it in Thailand. The going rate for a DM course plus unlimited diving here is between 550-650 $US. Thus, you can get lots of great dives, fantastic experience and live well on 10 dollars a day. Besides, 90% of the shops here only employ Instructors or DM they have trained...

If you need any help with more info, just drop me a line.

Happy Diving!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom