Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any Tropic Dancer, Palau reviews??

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Any Tropic Dancer, Palau reviews??

I'm trying to find anyone that has gone on the Tropic Dancer in Palau. I know this is a new location for this boat but I was curious for any recent experiences. I am planning a liveaboard there next year and wanted to review a few different options.

Thanks.

Jeff
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by JRRKAR View Post
    I'm trying to find anyone that has gone on the Tropic Dancer in Palau. I know this is a new location for this boat but I was curious for any recent experiences. I am planning a liveaboard there next year and wanted to review a few different options.

Thanks.

Jeff
    This particular vessel doesn't begin operations until June 2010 - at least that's my understanding. This vessel used to be the Fiji Aggressor III, it's going through changes I'm sure. They'll probably paint it blue and white, give the crew new uniforms, and whatever else they have to do. I'm planning on hitting Palau in January 2011, not sure yet whether I'll do the Palau Aggressor II or the Tropic Dancer.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

There's a Facebook entry by a California group that dove her on the inaugural charter June 20th, but no details about the boat -- other than gag awards for her crew. I have 5 friends from Italy who have a "hold" reservation for November, so I am researching for them. Heard anything more??

Divemaster
    Badge

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    I still have not found any information from them. Hopefully someone will reply.
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Tropic Dancer: Palau

I advised my Italian friends to proceed with the booking. They had a reservation for the last week of the introductory rate. I am banking on the reputation of the Peter Hughes fleet. Having been on 8 liveaboard trips (some for 10 days) - Maldives, Palau, Truk (Chuuk), Indonesia -- I am well aware of the importance of experience of the crew for dive sites and guiding as well as comforts of the boat (big catamaran looks spacious) and the congeniality of the divers themselves.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Trying to decide between the Tropic Dancer and the Palau Aggressor II for a trip to Palau later this year. There is plenty of information on Scubaboard about the latter, but precious little about the former (at least since it relocated from Fiji). Any reason to choose one over the other?

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Both the Aggressor & the Dancer in Palau are operated by the same franchisee.
    I would expect they will be very similar if not identical in every way.

I have been on the Palau Aggressor (2010)& am booked for the Dancer trip in late March/early April 2011. If there are any glaring differences in my trip I will post, but I do not expect it will be so.

When I was on the Aggressor in 2010, the Dancer was docked next to us and was getting its refurbish. My understanding was the crews would be trained on both boats.

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    5,000 - ∞

Tropic Dancer

I will be on the Dancer in about a week. I am taking a small group (8 of us total), and we have the whole vessel. Should have plenty of room! Anyway, I worked in Palau as a diver for a couple of years (Neco Marine--big fan), and know many of the folks involved. As someone mentioned, same owner, same on-site managers, same guides, interchangeable crew, etc. I am expecting the same product as the Aggressor, only on a freshly re-fitted boat. If this turns out NOT to be the case, I will post. Hundres of dives in Palau in all seasons, and I still can't wait to get back to those reefs and wrecks!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Italians loved their trip in November

I am looking forward to your opinions.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499

Tropic Dancer review

Jeff-
    I was on the Tropic Dancer back in November. Please see my exhaustive review of the experience by clicking on my only other post. It appears, at least from the Dancer website, that the captain and first mate have been replaced with a far more experienced staff since I was there in November. I hope you have a positive experience. Palau is beautiful and the reefs were stunning. I only objected to how this particular boat was run. Cheers, Emily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast