Papua New Guinea - Updated Milne Bay Location Guide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donsilcock

Contributor
Reaction score
Just completed revising and updating the location guide to Milne Bay in PNG on my site.

I have updated all the pages and added new ones based on my most recent trips. Included is an overview of Milne Bay province, an overview of diving Milne Bay, Tawali dive resort, overview of the north coast dive sites, Dinah's Beach and Deacon's Reef at Lauadi, the famous Milne Bay manta cleaning station Giants@Home and what is probably the best aircraft wreck in PNG the B17F Black Jack plus links to the various articles I have written over the years.

I have been visiting PNG regularly for over 15 years now, so this has kind of become a labor of love....

Don

PNG_08_Dec_D6_144-Edit-Edit_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Help

Just completed revising and updating the location guide to Milne Bay in PNG on my site.

I have updated all the pages and added new ones based on my most recent trips. Included is an overview of Milne Bay province, an overview of diving Milne Bay, Tawali dive resort, overview of the north coast dive sites, Dinah's Beach and Deacon's Reef at Lauadi, the famous Milne Bay manta cleaning station Giants@Home and what is probably the best aircraft wreck in PNG the B17F Black Jack plus links to the various articles I have written over the years.

I have been visiting PNG regularly for over 15 years now, so this has kind of become a labor of love....

Don

View attachment 182622
Hi, I'm trying to organize a dive trip in Milne Bay for next year, but I've a lot of difficults to get info, can you help me?

---------- Post added August 20th, 2014 at 02:52 PM ----------

Don

View attachment 182622
Hi, I'm trying to organize a dive trip in Milne Bay for next year, but I've a lot of difficults to get info, can you help me?

---------- Post added August 20th, 2014 at 02:55 PM ----------

Don

View attachment 182622

Deacons reef is spectacular - I LOVED it. Also liked Laudui beach - my first ever muck dive...in fact i loved the whole area. My advice to divers is.....doesn't matter how much it costs to get there, its a hassle but people survive it and while theres still big fish and abundant healthy life to be dived....its worth it. Not many places on earth left like PNG. Enjoy them before we pave paradise and welcome the O & G and logging company's with a cup of tea. :wink: Thanks for the memories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom