URGENT REQUEST FOR HELP--Search&Rescue!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whitedragon13

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
aaaaaaaagh...will someone please call Bamboo divers and give them the following information? I'm in thailand without a phone and can't make the call myself.

They need to call 011 679 672 5777 - Ext. 4801, which is the Rescue Coordination Center for the region. If that fails to get results, the head of our local RCC says to try this:
Our duty controller number is (808) 449-4063.

Someone PLEASE pass this information out to George at the dive shop immediately. His number is a US number...

815-483-9835

at 23:37 Central.... I spoke to Linda Puckett, who answered the 815.483.9835 number in Chicago. George is in Vancuver and she will pass your message ASAP. PM me or email at: mochapman@houston.rr.com if there is anything else you need me to do. Maria

sharkdiver00:
at 23:37 Central.... I spoke to Linda Puckett, who answered the 815.483.9835 number in Chicago. George is in Vancuver and she will pass your message ASAP. PM me or email at: mochapman@houston.rr.com if there is anything else you need me to do. Maria

Thanks, Maria. My rescue center has contacted Linda as well. Looks like the Australian CG is involved and now the USCG will be, too. Hopefully, the additional manpower/equipment/technology will make the difference.

Hello all.

I am Danielle Gibbons brother-in-law. She went missing with Dan Greiner.

I have posted this thread on the site but will pass it round to anyone I can and ask you to do the same. Does the following description ring true for anyone?

I am trying to find a specific location in Fiji with these characteristics. I know the info is obscure but we are trying to use it to locate Dan Greiner and Danielle Gibbons, two divers who went missing in Fijian waters last week.

A small uninhabited island, possibly in the Bligh Waters up towards the Yasawa Island group. The island is quite flat with dense vegetation and coconut trees. The beaches of the island are covered in high tides.

The island has a well-known but not often visited tidal-coral reef point which is a breeding ground for tiger or bull sharks.
Sea turtles nest at this island and there is a sea-bird colony on it.

The island may be in a loose group of 2-3 islands with a passage in between them used occasionally by the locals in their journeys.

Please email me directly if this rings any bells for anyone. You can also call me in Australia on +61 2 9665 5867. Time is critical.

with thanks
Stephen M

Bula White Dragon:

Please forgive me for not letting you know that I received your message earlier. We have been so overwhelmed with trying to find Dan and Danielle and raise funds to continue to do so.

You are certainly persistent! I am Bamboo Reef Divers USA. My name is Linda Puckett. I received your message a few seconds after you sent it three weeks ago. Thank you so much. In fact, I received 3 phone calls from Scuba Board subscribers within 10 minutes alerting me to the need to contact "George." Unfortunately, George is and was in Canada, and not reachable by phone. I took up the "mission" myself, and was on the phone with the US Coast Guard, and the Major from the Air Force that you gave the tele # for, and the Navy and the US Embassy in Fiji for the next 3 days. Thank you more than you will ever know for your quick reaction and detailed info.

All my work was for naught, until the BC and tank and reg from Danielle Gibbons turned up. I worked and lived with Dan and Alisi in Fiji for 27 months. I tutored their children before Danielle. Dan Grenier is one of the most tenacious men I have ever known, he is a hard man to kill. I feel he's still alive. Through your contact #'s and names, his family and those of us close to Dan (Brad Doane and Russ England and his family here in US) continue to pursue rescue efforts. George has been contacted, but he isn't active in the search any longer.

Again, thank you sincerely for relaying the info you received. You were an intricate part of our search effort. Thank you on behalf of Dan and his family also.

Kind regards,
Linda

whitedragon13:
aaaaaaaagh...will someone please call Bamboo divers and give them the following information? I'm in thailand without a phone and can't make the call myself.

They need to call 011 679 672 5777 - Ext. 4801, which is the Rescue Coordination Center for the region. If that fails to get results, the head of our local RCC says to try this:
Our duty controller number is (808) 449-4063.

Someone PLEASE pass this information out to George at the dive shop immediately. His number is a US number...

815-483-9835

Back
Top Bottom